Time to Move
I need to move. Not the kind that involves packing all one's shit into boxes and hauling it to another domicile--shit, no. I mean the kind that involves--well, moving. Carrying one's limbs through their respective ranges of motion, thus exerting physical energy.
The problem is, I have no fucking physical energy to exert.
Case in point--yesterday, I had plans. I intended to finish hanging some pictures in the house. Clean Bob's room. Spend some time outside, maybe even ride my bike around the 'hood. Get a pedicure. Maybe do some Christmas window shopping. Maybe pick a paint color for the living room and dining room. Make chicken and homemade egg noodles for dinner. All before leaving to fetch Bob from db at 5:40 pm.
I got out of bed at 9:30, took a shower, and went downstairs for breakfast. After eating my scrambled eggs, hash browns and biscuits, I picked up Ben's most recent New Yorker and started reading an article on how criminal profilers are about as scientifically accurate as Sylvia Browne. And promptly fell asleep. For an hour. I woke up when Ben came inside from cleaning out the gutters and announced he was going to Home Depot. It was almost noon.
So I got off my ass. I got Bob's room cleaned. (No small feat, either.) Ben came home with some gutter covers for the harder-to-reach spots of the house and a new latch for the back screen door, both of which he had installed by the time I finished Bob's room and announced I was going for a pedicure. When I returned an hour and a half later, I made chicken and noodles.
And that's pretty much the extent of my activity for yesterday.
I know I'm pregnant and I'm supposed to be tired--but Jesus H., this is ridiculous. I can't lay around and sleep all day. I can't get winded walking up 8 stairs. I got shit to do. Shit I need to do. Shit I want to do.
And of course, the only time I can't fall asleep is--you guessed it--in the middle of the damn night, when I lie in bed and itch and sweat and wonder if the recent lady bug infestation has managed to get inside the house and think "damn, I'm going to be tired in the morning."
The problem is, I have no fucking physical energy to exert.
Case in point--yesterday, I had plans. I intended to finish hanging some pictures in the house. Clean Bob's room. Spend some time outside, maybe even ride my bike around the 'hood. Get a pedicure. Maybe do some Christmas window shopping. Maybe pick a paint color for the living room and dining room. Make chicken and homemade egg noodles for dinner. All before leaving to fetch Bob from db at 5:40 pm.
I got out of bed at 9:30, took a shower, and went downstairs for breakfast. After eating my scrambled eggs, hash browns and biscuits, I picked up Ben's most recent New Yorker and started reading an article on how criminal profilers are about as scientifically accurate as Sylvia Browne. And promptly fell asleep. For an hour. I woke up when Ben came inside from cleaning out the gutters and announced he was going to Home Depot. It was almost noon.
So I got off my ass. I got Bob's room cleaned. (No small feat, either.) Ben came home with some gutter covers for the harder-to-reach spots of the house and a new latch for the back screen door, both of which he had installed by the time I finished Bob's room and announced I was going for a pedicure. When I returned an hour and a half later, I made chicken and noodles.
And that's pretty much the extent of my activity for yesterday.
I know I'm pregnant and I'm supposed to be tired--but Jesus H., this is ridiculous. I can't lay around and sleep all day. I can't get winded walking up 8 stairs. I got shit to do. Shit I need to do. Shit I want to do.
And of course, the only time I can't fall asleep is--you guessed it--in the middle of the damn night, when I lie in bed and itch and sweat and wonder if the recent lady bug infestation has managed to get inside the house and think "damn, I'm going to be tired in the morning."

2 Comments:
Next time I come to town I'll bring my taser.
For what its worth, I'm convinced that I avoided bed rest while pregnant with Sophie & Bella because I took two naps every single day of my pregnancy. But I'm right there with you on not getting everything done I planned on this weekend and I don't have pregnancy as a justification.
Post a Comment
<< Home