Thursday, February 08, 2007

Watch Out for That Wall

Yeah, the one I just hit.

My Fearless Lawyer didn't have things ready for me this afternoon, so there was no point in me driving to his office. Since I'd already planned to take the afternoon off, though, and I was about to fall asleep at my desk, I went ahead and left at 3:00. I thought maybe I'd get that "leave the office second wind," but I could barely keep my eyes open all the way home. I walked inside and immediately finished off the leftover shrimp lo mein from last night. Then I settled in for a nap, which ended up not materializing because I started watching "The White Rapper Show" and couldn't get to sleep. So I grabbed the bucket of mini granola bars (which was half-full at the time and is now empty) and started perusing the news stories about the chemical plant explosion.

A little after 5:00, Ben arrived home and, seeing me sitting there surrounded by mini granola bar wrappers, said "I guess you're not going to want dinner, then."

I want to go to the library and take back my overdue book and maybe get a new one, then go to the gym and spend an hour on the elliptical and the bike, and then go to Sonic and get a chili cheese coney and tots. And a chocolate shake.

But I can't peel myself off this couch for some reason.

Actually, writing it out makes me think I can finally do it. At least the library and Sonic part, anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger LiveLee said...

what were your books?
neither of the links worked, and i'm looking for something new to read.

p.s. i'm not sure about your lawyer, he doesn't sound like an asset to your team...remind me, why is he still your lawyer?

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home