Only 8,452 Days 'Til Retirement
Christ, that's depressing.
I'm exhausted. In spite of spending most of Monday fucking off, I've been busting ass this week. Three files in particular (which involve not only work comp but personal injury claims, as well). All of them HUGE. All of them in states of serious neglect by Bossman. One in a state of neglect by me, and I'm not sure how that happened. Either way, I've got until 5pm Saturday to scrape the shit off the fan and put my office back together.
I'm presently waiting for a phone call from My Fearless Lawyer, telling me when it's safe to drive out to his office. We were supposed to meet at 2:00, but he called this morning to let me know he was in BFE and didn't know if he'd have an opportunity to go over my crap by then.
What the fuck am I paying him for, exactly?
Bob was particularly cute this morning. I'd thought he'd gotten dressed in advance of his alarm going off entirely on his own, but apparently Ben heard him get up and run for the tv--which is off-limits until he's dressed--and intervened. Oh, well. He was, at least, cheerful this morning. I gave in and let him use his new lunchbox, even though I strongly fear it won't make it back to my house. He said he wanted to show it to db. I only hope db tells him it's as cool as Bob thinks it is.
I'm glad for a break for the next few days, but I'm also worried about Bob. Since Tuesday, he's made sure to tell everyone who will listen that he doesn't want to go to db's. Yesterday, he was very freaked out about who was coming to pick him up from school and when. Today, he didn't have much to say about it, but wasn't all "hooray! Daddy!" like he normally is on Thursdays.
I have plenty of work to do this weekend to keep my mind off it, anyway. I really don't want to work anymore at all, but Ben has to work tonight, and most of the day Saturday, so I might as well. Saturday morning I have to go to the stupid court-ordered "how to get along with your dumbass ex for the sake of the children" class. If I didn't have a current case pending, I'd tell them what a crock of shit it is and how my Saturday morning would be better spent watching "The Backyardigans" and doing crunches.
I'm exhausted. In spite of spending most of Monday fucking off, I've been busting ass this week. Three files in particular (which involve not only work comp but personal injury claims, as well). All of them HUGE. All of them in states of serious neglect by Bossman. One in a state of neglect by me, and I'm not sure how that happened. Either way, I've got until 5pm Saturday to scrape the shit off the fan and put my office back together.
I'm presently waiting for a phone call from My Fearless Lawyer, telling me when it's safe to drive out to his office. We were supposed to meet at 2:00, but he called this morning to let me know he was in BFE and didn't know if he'd have an opportunity to go over my crap by then.
What the fuck am I paying him for, exactly?
Bob was particularly cute this morning. I'd thought he'd gotten dressed in advance of his alarm going off entirely on his own, but apparently Ben heard him get up and run for the tv--which is off-limits until he's dressed--and intervened. Oh, well. He was, at least, cheerful this morning. I gave in and let him use his new lunchbox, even though I strongly fear it won't make it back to my house. He said he wanted to show it to db. I only hope db tells him it's as cool as Bob thinks it is.
I'm glad for a break for the next few days, but I'm also worried about Bob. Since Tuesday, he's made sure to tell everyone who will listen that he doesn't want to go to db's. Yesterday, he was very freaked out about who was coming to pick him up from school and when. Today, he didn't have much to say about it, but wasn't all "hooray! Daddy!" like he normally is on Thursdays.
I have plenty of work to do this weekend to keep my mind off it, anyway. I really don't want to work anymore at all, but Ben has to work tonight, and most of the day Saturday, so I might as well. Saturday morning I have to go to the stupid court-ordered "how to get along with your dumbass ex for the sake of the children" class. If I didn't have a current case pending, I'd tell them what a crock of shit it is and how my Saturday morning would be better spent watching "The Backyardigans" and doing crunches.

1 Comments:
We've got the whole wide world in our yard to explore!
Don'tcha know...
Post a Comment
<< Home