The Potpourri of Crap Post
The scale still isn't moving. And though I haven't been 100% faithful to my 1500-calories-per-day-or-less resolve, it's not like I've been chowing down the way I have for the past two years. So I did a quick internet search on "exercising not losing weight" and found a few articles that vowed to explain to the masses why they are still fat. Some of the reasons include: (1) medications such as birth control and anti-depressants (both of which you will find in my bloodstream); (2) lack of sleep (which has been present since the Ambien stopped being of much use); (3) quitting smoking (average of 9-12 pounds weight gain in the first MONTH after quitting--Jesus Tapdancing Christ); (4) too much stress (which increases cortisol production which increases fat storage in the abdomen--nice--and which I definitely have); and (5) time of year (people consume on average 50 to 500 more calories daily during the winter).
So I guess I should just be fucking grateful I'm not GAINING weight. Or pissed at myself for quitting smoking before I got thin.
Bossman leaves for a whole week Saturday, and I'm so excited I could fucking spit. Every time he goes on a vacation, he spends the week before making me so grateful for his absence that I almost wish he wouldn't ever take a damn vacation. I plan to celebrate with a few late mornings, long lunches, and early afternoons. And finally making that damned doctor's appointment so I can bug her for a different sleep aid.
I decided to go ahead and respond to db's email from yesterday, and my response pretty closely mirrored my posted thoughts on the matter. I'm sure he'll have something very intelligent to say in response. I'm sure we can come to an understanding. I also believe I have a cure for herpes and have perfected time travel.
I really wish I could turn my mood around. I just want to rip someone's head off, and usually the first person to happen into my path is my husband. I hate it that I've been snappish and bossy toward him lately, but damned if I can help myself. Especially since lately, he hasn't been terribly busy with work, and when his job is slow, he gets bored--and when he gets bored, he starts following me around and bugging me. Not that I don't want him to bug me, but sometimes when I'm busy, it's hard for me to tell him "piss off, I'm busy," and then I feel guilty, which makes me annoyed, which makes me snappish.
I really need a fucking vacation. If bossman had any heart at all, he'd give me his plane ticket and the week off--with pay.
So I guess I should just be fucking grateful I'm not GAINING weight. Or pissed at myself for quitting smoking before I got thin.
Bossman leaves for a whole week Saturday, and I'm so excited I could fucking spit. Every time he goes on a vacation, he spends the week before making me so grateful for his absence that I almost wish he wouldn't ever take a damn vacation. I plan to celebrate with a few late mornings, long lunches, and early afternoons. And finally making that damned doctor's appointment so I can bug her for a different sleep aid.
I decided to go ahead and respond to db's email from yesterday, and my response pretty closely mirrored my posted thoughts on the matter. I'm sure he'll have something very intelligent to say in response. I'm sure we can come to an understanding. I also believe I have a cure for herpes and have perfected time travel.
I really wish I could turn my mood around. I just want to rip someone's head off, and usually the first person to happen into my path is my husband. I hate it that I've been snappish and bossy toward him lately, but damned if I can help myself. Especially since lately, he hasn't been terribly busy with work, and when his job is slow, he gets bored--and when he gets bored, he starts following me around and bugging me. Not that I don't want him to bug me, but sometimes when I'm busy, it's hard for me to tell him "piss off, I'm busy," and then I feel guilty, which makes me annoyed, which makes me snappish.
I really need a fucking vacation. If bossman had any heart at all, he'd give me his plane ticket and the week off--with pay.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home