Concern or Paranoia?
You be the judge.
Since last week, db has claimed to be "out of town." I'm sure the obvious air of mystery is supposed to goad me into asking where specifically "out of town" is, but the truth is, I don't give a flying fuck where he is, as long as Bob and I aren't being bothered by his bullshit.
Bob is supposed to be with db as of this Thursday at 3:45 pm until Tuesday at 8:45 am.
Db claims he is flying with Bob to Texas for a birthday party for a former mutual friend, and that they will be gone from Friday to Sunday.
Anyone else smell something funny? And not funny ha-ha, either?
For starters, the last time I have known db to fly anywhere is when he returned to the states from Germany back in the days of Reaganomics. He always claimed airplanes were caskets with jet engines and, by far, the easiest way to commit suicide.
But let's assume that was all a bullshit excuse to try to prevent me from ever setting foot on a plane, or that he's somehow overcome his fear of flight. Bob is five years old. He no longer qualifies for discounted airfare. So you're telling me db can afford two plane tickets, but he can't afford to pay child support?
Third--why the fuck would someone of limited financial means fly to another state to attend the 30th birthday party of someone he hasn't seen in probably 3 years? Moreover, why would that person fly a 5 year old to the 30th birthday party of someone that 5 year old probably doesn't know from a hole in the wall?
Especially when the wife of that 30 year old has never, ever liked db's pathetic ass.
It's not adding up.
So I've called the wife, and she confirmed that yes, there is a party this weekend, and yes, db was invited, but she doesn't know anything more than that. She gave me her husband's cell phone number and said he'd know more about it.
I think I'll call him right now. He's a chiropractor, so surely he's not busy...
Since last week, db has claimed to be "out of town." I'm sure the obvious air of mystery is supposed to goad me into asking where specifically "out of town" is, but the truth is, I don't give a flying fuck where he is, as long as Bob and I aren't being bothered by his bullshit.
Bob is supposed to be with db as of this Thursday at 3:45 pm until Tuesday at 8:45 am.
Db claims he is flying with Bob to Texas for a birthday party for a former mutual friend, and that they will be gone from Friday to Sunday.
Anyone else smell something funny? And not funny ha-ha, either?
For starters, the last time I have known db to fly anywhere is when he returned to the states from Germany back in the days of Reaganomics. He always claimed airplanes were caskets with jet engines and, by far, the easiest way to commit suicide.
But let's assume that was all a bullshit excuse to try to prevent me from ever setting foot on a plane, or that he's somehow overcome his fear of flight. Bob is five years old. He no longer qualifies for discounted airfare. So you're telling me db can afford two plane tickets, but he can't afford to pay child support?
Third--why the fuck would someone of limited financial means fly to another state to attend the 30th birthday party of someone he hasn't seen in probably 3 years? Moreover, why would that person fly a 5 year old to the 30th birthday party of someone that 5 year old probably doesn't know from a hole in the wall?
Especially when the wife of that 30 year old has never, ever liked db's pathetic ass.
It's not adding up.
So I've called the wife, and she confirmed that yes, there is a party this weekend, and yes, db was invited, but she doesn't know anything more than that. She gave me her husband's cell phone number and said he'd know more about it.
I think I'll call him right now. He's a chiropractor, so surely he's not busy...

4 Comments:
Hmmm...defintely concern. Go with your intuition.
I agree. Listen to your inner voice.
I would assume that since you have legal rights to know where your child is...especially when crossing state lines, that you should be informed of the flight details in case of an emergency.
I agree with the other comments, go with your gut! It smells damn fishy!
Post a Comment
<< Home