This Would've Been Real Pretty About a Month Ago
I know the people in Colorado will tell me to suck it, but the weather we've had in KC over the past several days sucks ass. Three days of alternating freezing rain and sleet (the difference is that one is frozen before it hits the ground--I didn't know this), and today, it's snowing.
Not that it's slowing me down at all. I'm glad it's MLK Day because the NKC schools aren't closed for some bizarre reason, meaning if it weren't already a holiday, db would have picked today as his one day to be conscientious and driven the many miles from whatever dump he's living in to Bob's school. And he drives like a douchebag when the weather isn't shitty. So as much as I'm not thrilled about Bob spending a fourth entire uninterrupted day with db, I'm at least glad he's not riding shotgun as db plays "Mad Max: Beyond Arrowhead Stadium."
Today I brought a plum, an apple, a banana, and a baggie of baby carrots to work with me. Not just in an effort to eat all the fruit before it goes mushy and creates gnats, but also in an effort not to eat and eat and eat all day. I've given myself fruit and veg as "freebies," so long as they're not dipped in batter and deep-fried to a golden brown. (Mmmm...okra...)
I smoked again last night. I smoked Saturday night, too, and I've smoked a few other nights in the last month. Don't freak--I wasn't conscious when I did it. I've been smoking in my dreams. I guess it's only natural to do so, since smoking was such a huge part of my life for so long. But it's so weird. I light up, and I feel guilty and hugely relieved at the same time. Then I wake up and think, "wait a minute, I haven't bought any cigarettes, so what was I smoking?" Knowing about the Ambien sleepwalking hype, I have to wonder if I'm actually smoking something during these dreams, and I shudder to think of what that might be... I guess if Ben ever wakes up on fire, we'll all know why.
But it has now been 4 weeks and 2 days since I've smoked a real cigarette in my conscious state. I haven't used a nicotine patch since...some time last week, I think. I forget. So far, so good.
Now I just have to fight my addictions to various foodstuffs. Like Ben's Amazing Fucking Chili (he made it yesterday with ground beef AND chorizo, chipotles in adobo, and black beans--it was fucking amazing). And those damned girl scout cookies, which Gretchen has forced me at gunpoint to order 5 more boxes of. I hate you, G.
Not that it's slowing me down at all. I'm glad it's MLK Day because the NKC schools aren't closed for some bizarre reason, meaning if it weren't already a holiday, db would have picked today as his one day to be conscientious and driven the many miles from whatever dump he's living in to Bob's school. And he drives like a douchebag when the weather isn't shitty. So as much as I'm not thrilled about Bob spending a fourth entire uninterrupted day with db, I'm at least glad he's not riding shotgun as db plays "Mad Max: Beyond Arrowhead Stadium."
Today I brought a plum, an apple, a banana, and a baggie of baby carrots to work with me. Not just in an effort to eat all the fruit before it goes mushy and creates gnats, but also in an effort not to eat and eat and eat all day. I've given myself fruit and veg as "freebies," so long as they're not dipped in batter and deep-fried to a golden brown. (Mmmm...okra...)
I smoked again last night. I smoked Saturday night, too, and I've smoked a few other nights in the last month. Don't freak--I wasn't conscious when I did it. I've been smoking in my dreams. I guess it's only natural to do so, since smoking was such a huge part of my life for so long. But it's so weird. I light up, and I feel guilty and hugely relieved at the same time. Then I wake up and think, "wait a minute, I haven't bought any cigarettes, so what was I smoking?" Knowing about the Ambien sleepwalking hype, I have to wonder if I'm actually smoking something during these dreams, and I shudder to think of what that might be... I guess if Ben ever wakes up on fire, we'll all know why.
But it has now been 4 weeks and 2 days since I've smoked a real cigarette in my conscious state. I haven't used a nicotine patch since...some time last week, I think. I forget. So far, so good.
Now I just have to fight my addictions to various foodstuffs. Like Ben's Amazing Fucking Chili (he made it yesterday with ground beef AND chorizo, chipotles in adobo, and black beans--it was fucking amazing). And those damned girl scout cookies, which Gretchen has forced me at gunpoint to order 5 more boxes of. I hate you, G.

2 Comments:
I love you too, Mitzi...
Next trip to the Indian Buffet is on me.
Mitzi ... congrats on the non-smoking front. I honestly applaud such a feat.
My husband has decided he needs to slow down on his 2 pack a day habit (I thought it was only around 1 1/2, silly me). He's down to somewhere between 1/2 to 3/4 and ALMOST ready to stop.
Post a Comment
<< Home