Come Monday
I've been listening to NPR quite a bit lately. I love NPR, mostly for the variety of weird shit you are almost guaranteed to hear on a daily basis. But right now, the noise coming from my radio is kind of like a cross between the "Barbarella" soundtrack and Spinal Tap, so I'll opt for a Jimmy Buffett CD instead.
It was a good weekend, despite it being January and despite the fact db still lives and breathes and walks among us. Bob got to go swimming Friday night. The downside to this was that at some point during my cleaning out of summer clothes, I tossed my Age & Weight Appropriate Swimwear into...I don't know, a bag, a box, a corner, at any rate some place I can no longer locate on a map. So in desperation I grabbed a suit from a few years back--a 2-piece with matching board shorts. After spending 30 minutes on a treadmill, I went to the locker room and squeezed my fat ass into the damn thing--I seriously spent a few minutes wondering if the shorts were going to go on at all--and then very sheepishly made my way to the pool with Ben and Bob. I've never felt so exposed in all my life.
So Saturday, I spent $34 on a damn swimsuit. It's cute, and almost flattering. Almost.
Bob was unbelievably lucid all weekend. He really only had about 3 or 4 rough spots that I can think of, and all of them were relatively short-lived (a few minutes or so). We took him to the Indian Buffet on Saturday, and yes, he squirmed all around the booth like he was on crack, but he was relatively quiet, composed, and ate a lot. He tried everything on his plate (chicken tikka masala is too spicy, but he likes it; the turnips were gross; the fried bits, tandoori chicken and rice pudding were hits) and didn't slop his food everywhere. After lunch, I took him grocery shopping at Target, and yes, the trip was much too long for his liking, but he only tossed a fit once, and got over it without major intervention by me. Yesterday he helped clean the house.
It was nice not to have him spend the weekend brooding in front of the tv or Nintendo like a sullen teenager. I don't think I realized just how often he does that until this weekend, when he didn't.
Db, of course, continues to be a raging pain in my ass. He hasn't called Bob since Xmas day. Of course, he still expects his every-other-night phone call, he just expects ME to make it. Bob has been keeping the conversations brief, but the Judge's exact words were "even if it's just to say good night and I love you." Which, I might add, is a helluva lot less than I got when Bob was with db for Xmas break. So you can probably imagine my reaction to this morning's email that his phone contact is inadequate and that he has no choice other than to start recording his conversations with Bob so that he can present this evidence to a judge.
Are you fucking serious?
So I pointed out that he has spoken to Bob every other day, as indicated, with the exception of two occasions--one where I informed him Bob would be unavailable by phone that night and tried to make it up the following night (he didn't answer and never called back), and one where we waited for him to call and he never did. I also pointed out that, in the 13 days he's had Bob since his visitation was restored, I've attempted to contact Bob on 9 occasions and have only made contact with him on 4 of those.
Of course, he didn't mention any of that in his response, only that I haven't addressed the issues he set forth in his prior email. Which I have.
As I've said before...some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill them.
It was a good weekend, despite it being January and despite the fact db still lives and breathes and walks among us. Bob got to go swimming Friday night. The downside to this was that at some point during my cleaning out of summer clothes, I tossed my Age & Weight Appropriate Swimwear into...I don't know, a bag, a box, a corner, at any rate some place I can no longer locate on a map. So in desperation I grabbed a suit from a few years back--a 2-piece with matching board shorts. After spending 30 minutes on a treadmill, I went to the locker room and squeezed my fat ass into the damn thing--I seriously spent a few minutes wondering if the shorts were going to go on at all--and then very sheepishly made my way to the pool with Ben and Bob. I've never felt so exposed in all my life.
So Saturday, I spent $34 on a damn swimsuit. It's cute, and almost flattering. Almost.
Bob was unbelievably lucid all weekend. He really only had about 3 or 4 rough spots that I can think of, and all of them were relatively short-lived (a few minutes or so). We took him to the Indian Buffet on Saturday, and yes, he squirmed all around the booth like he was on crack, but he was relatively quiet, composed, and ate a lot. He tried everything on his plate (chicken tikka masala is too spicy, but he likes it; the turnips were gross; the fried bits, tandoori chicken and rice pudding were hits) and didn't slop his food everywhere. After lunch, I took him grocery shopping at Target, and yes, the trip was much too long for his liking, but he only tossed a fit once, and got over it without major intervention by me. Yesterday he helped clean the house.
It was nice not to have him spend the weekend brooding in front of the tv or Nintendo like a sullen teenager. I don't think I realized just how often he does that until this weekend, when he didn't.
Db, of course, continues to be a raging pain in my ass. He hasn't called Bob since Xmas day. Of course, he still expects his every-other-night phone call, he just expects ME to make it. Bob has been keeping the conversations brief, but the Judge's exact words were "even if it's just to say good night and I love you." Which, I might add, is a helluva lot less than I got when Bob was with db for Xmas break. So you can probably imagine my reaction to this morning's email that his phone contact is inadequate and that he has no choice other than to start recording his conversations with Bob so that he can present this evidence to a judge.
Are you fucking serious?
So I pointed out that he has spoken to Bob every other day, as indicated, with the exception of two occasions--one where I informed him Bob would be unavailable by phone that night and tried to make it up the following night (he didn't answer and never called back), and one where we waited for him to call and he never did. I also pointed out that, in the 13 days he's had Bob since his visitation was restored, I've attempted to contact Bob on 9 occasions and have only made contact with him on 4 of those.
Of course, he didn't mention any of that in his response, only that I haven't addressed the issues he set forth in his prior email. Which I have.
As I've said before...some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill them.

3 Comments:
wow.
i would let him know that if he intends to record the conversations, you will be recording also...including the ones you have with him.
DB continues to amaze me regarding his dubious intelligence and his complete disregard for you.
You know I am in your corner.
He sounds like a total tool. Must be very hard to take deep breaths and keep your cool.
Post a Comment
<< Home