Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Stop The Insanity

Let me just start by saying today is the first day since Xmas I've been able to stomach coffee, and I've had two big cups since arriving at my office, and man am I caffeinated right now. Good thing I decided to forego the nicotine patch or I'd probably be up on the roof doing calisthenics.

Speaking of crazy ridiculous things, I got up early this morning and went to the gym. You read that right. Do not adjust your computer screen, and do not check the url. It's really me, and I'm telling the truth. The alarm went off at 6:10. 6:10, people. I hit snooze and got up at 6:20. Yes, that's a.m. I brushed my teeth, got dressed, made coffee (forgot to turn it on last night), started my car, had a glass of OJ, took a vitamin, filled my thermos with said coffee, and drove to the gym. Spent 35 minutes on the treadmill and yes, some of that time was actually spent "jogging." (Serious runners feel free to laugh at my definition of "jogging.") And I made it to work 15 minutes early.

I am amazed at myself. Those old photos of myself must have really done a number on me. Or maybe it was trying to find something to wear last night and witnessing buttons straining under the pressure from my ever-expanding gut. Whatever it is, it's made me very aware of everything I put in my mouth, and pushed me to "step it up" during this morning's treadmill session. I worked so hard, I could barely hear the dirty things Prince was screaming in my ear.

So I'm wondering if I can make these changes stick, and if I do, how (if at all) will they change me? Already I've learned the secret of the scornful non-smokers (they're jealous as hell) and started planning my day around my gym time instead of vice-versa. What if I start eating whole grain shit and trade in my Honda for a mini-van? Or worse (perish the thought), an SUV? What if I turn into one of those snotty judgment-passing women who thinks she's better than everyone else?

Oh, wait--I already am one of those. :)

But seriously, what if I start eating whole grain? That shit is disgusting.

Twenty-six hours til Bob comes home. I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait. (Because this means I can finally take the Xmas shit down.) I'm so eager to have him back home. I won't pretend I'm not also nervous about how he's going to be having spent 8 days with db, but I would imagine he won't throw anything at us we haven't seen before.

Oh, and one of the things I want to accomplish this year is querying a book based on my joyous experiences with the Missouri Family Court. So if any of you handful of people who read this crap have published a book, or you know someone who has published a book, or you just googled "how to publish a book" as a favor to me, please do me the honor of passing that information on to me. Muchas gracias.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to stand around outside for a few minutes, not smoking and looking like a tard.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, you're amazing! Congrats on your new lifestyle!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Very good.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home