Eek, Eek.
I've come to realize I don't really like bananas. And if monkeys are as smart as the so-called "science people" say they are, they probably don't like bananas, either, and that whole monkey-banana thing is just a distraction orchestrated by The Man.
Still, I'm eating bananas. Because a large banana has roughly 125 calories, as opposed to, say, the 10,000 or so calories contained in 37 Girl Scout cookies. And I'm pretending to like bananas as much as I like 37 (or more) Girl Scout cookies.
With all this exercising and non-binge eating and eating fruit for Chrissake, you'd think I'd bear a close resemblance to one of Paris Hilton's friends, wouldn't you? Yeah. That ain't the case. I don't think I've lost any damned weight at all, even though Ben says he thinks I look thinner. (The comments of a man whose sex life depends on my self-image are not, in my opinion, completely reliable.) According to that bastard scale in our bathroom, I have not only not lost any weight, I've actually gained a pound. But then, this is the same contraption that told me the other night I lost 2 pounds in the shower. So I don't think it can be trusted, either.
I am feeling better, though. I'm not as irritable as I'd been lately, and not as Generally Pissed. I've been taking Zantac for my stomach issues, and it helps (as does cutting back on the coffee, which makes me cry), but the extreme bloating continues. And I'm still not interested in paying someone to stick a camera down my gullet, so I guess I suffer.
I'm still Much Ado About Bob. Yesterday he was right back to bouncing off the walls, so either the Ritalin is not his thing, or he's not getting enough. The psych office wants me to double the dose, which would put him at the lowest recommended dose for children. I'm still not optimistic about this. If Bob came from perfectly "normal" circumstances with these problems, I'd be willing to consider ADHD as an option. But his circumstances have been anything but normal, and I'm guessing they're still nowhere near normal every other Thursday through Tuesday and alternate holidays.
I had to take him out last night to find a coat. MIL bought him a very nice (and expensive) coat in October, and he promptly fucked up the zipper with his unorthodox unzipping method (grasp sides and yank as hard as possible). There are three strips of velcro, so it was still acceptable--but since it's been in the teens for the past week, I couldn't let him continue in that vein, so last night, we accepted our mission and set out in search of A Winter Coat in Retail Spring.
Good Lord.
Target, that place I love so dearly, didn't have a single coat in the freakin' store. "Lightweight jackets," yes; coats, no. And a Lightweight Jacket isn't going to cut it in Missouri in January. I did, however, find Bob a few pairs of shoes for $3.50 a pair, so it wasn't a total loss. Next stop--Old Navy. Where they only had one style of coat left in the kids' section (it appears to be unisex)--a black, puffy coat with a hood, a reinforced zipper and snaps that will provide adequate closure in the event of zipper malfunction. It was marked down to $20, but it rang up for $10. TEN BUCKS. Talk about a super score.
And Bob, though exceptionally talkative when I'd rather he hadn't been, was very, very good. I'm starting not to hate taking him out in public anymore.
Tonight, I'm picking him up from school, and we will get Chinese take-out and eat it in front of the t.v. on the living room floor. After Ben gets home, I'll try to work off the feast of greasy Chinese food at the gym. Then we'll play "Who Crashes Out on the Sofa First." It's becoming our favorite game...
Still, I'm eating bananas. Because a large banana has roughly 125 calories, as opposed to, say, the 10,000 or so calories contained in 37 Girl Scout cookies. And I'm pretending to like bananas as much as I like 37 (or more) Girl Scout cookies.
With all this exercising and non-binge eating and eating fruit for Chrissake, you'd think I'd bear a close resemblance to one of Paris Hilton's friends, wouldn't you? Yeah. That ain't the case. I don't think I've lost any damned weight at all, even though Ben says he thinks I look thinner. (The comments of a man whose sex life depends on my self-image are not, in my opinion, completely reliable.) According to that bastard scale in our bathroom, I have not only not lost any weight, I've actually gained a pound. But then, this is the same contraption that told me the other night I lost 2 pounds in the shower. So I don't think it can be trusted, either.
I am feeling better, though. I'm not as irritable as I'd been lately, and not as Generally Pissed. I've been taking Zantac for my stomach issues, and it helps (as does cutting back on the coffee, which makes me cry), but the extreme bloating continues. And I'm still not interested in paying someone to stick a camera down my gullet, so I guess I suffer.
I'm still Much Ado About Bob. Yesterday he was right back to bouncing off the walls, so either the Ritalin is not his thing, or he's not getting enough. The psych office wants me to double the dose, which would put him at the lowest recommended dose for children. I'm still not optimistic about this. If Bob came from perfectly "normal" circumstances with these problems, I'd be willing to consider ADHD as an option. But his circumstances have been anything but normal, and I'm guessing they're still nowhere near normal every other Thursday through Tuesday and alternate holidays.
I had to take him out last night to find a coat. MIL bought him a very nice (and expensive) coat in October, and he promptly fucked up the zipper with his unorthodox unzipping method (grasp sides and yank as hard as possible). There are three strips of velcro, so it was still acceptable--but since it's been in the teens for the past week, I couldn't let him continue in that vein, so last night, we accepted our mission and set out in search of A Winter Coat in Retail Spring.
Good Lord.
Target, that place I love so dearly, didn't have a single coat in the freakin' store. "Lightweight jackets," yes; coats, no. And a Lightweight Jacket isn't going to cut it in Missouri in January. I did, however, find Bob a few pairs of shoes for $3.50 a pair, so it wasn't a total loss. Next stop--Old Navy. Where they only had one style of coat left in the kids' section (it appears to be unisex)--a black, puffy coat with a hood, a reinforced zipper and snaps that will provide adequate closure in the event of zipper malfunction. It was marked down to $20, but it rang up for $10. TEN BUCKS. Talk about a super score.
And Bob, though exceptionally talkative when I'd rather he hadn't been, was very, very good. I'm starting not to hate taking him out in public anymore.
Tonight, I'm picking him up from school, and we will get Chinese take-out and eat it in front of the t.v. on the living room floor. After Ben gets home, I'll try to work off the feast of greasy Chinese food at the gym. Then we'll play "Who Crashes Out on the Sofa First." It's becoming our favorite game...

1 Comments:
i buy bananas 3 at a time. eat one and then let the other three sit in the fruit bowl until nicely brown...at which point i mash them and make banana bread.
Post a Comment
<< Home