Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Jimmy Buffett Is My Hero

My baby's back. And all is right with the world.

I was supposed to pick him up last night. We had snow and freezing rain in the overnight forecast, and given the Bob is sick anyway, I just wanted to get him home. But db was, of course, not having it. At first he refused, then he relented, then he called me at 6:15 to tell me no, I could not pick up Bob at his house at 7:30, not unless I agreed to let him have Bob an extra day during his next visitation.

Fuck that.

And that's when I lost it. I started yelling at his pathetic ass over the phone, trying stupidly to get that idiot to recognize an extra evening from 3:45 to 8pm is not the same as an hour before bedtime and an hour in the morning before school. I finally hung up on his ass and had a mini breakdown.

For once, the weather people were right, and we got the 3-6 inches of snow they predicted during the night. Ben cleaned my car off this morning (God love him) and I prepared to pick up Bob from db at the community center at 8:45. My phone rang at 8:30 and I expected some lame ass excuse as to why they'd be late, but instead got "we're waiting." All bitchy-like, not even a "hello." Fucking bitch. So I left, and when I saw the shit-eating grin spread across Bob's face in the backseat of db's car when I pulled in, I couldn't help but develop my own shit-eating grin. I was just so damned glad to see him. He sounded like shit--all froggy and still coughing--but he was home.

Now it's 14 hours later, I'm drinking red wine and hoping I can stay awake and alert enough to Make Sexy Time with my husband when he finally gets home from work. The Bob is, thanks to a 25 minute hot shower and some Vick's Vapo-Rub, sleeping soundly in his bed. And I'm thinking we all might just make it another day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara Sue said...

I'm so glad he's home and safe!!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Builder Mama said...

Glad he's home safe and sound...I know a little mommy TLC will patch him right back up!

DB continues to amaze me with the level of stupidity.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Tree said...

I am so glad Bob is home with you in good, loving care.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Wheezer said...

So very glad he's home safe and sound. I hope he's all better soon.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home