I'm It
Denise tagged me. I don't think I've ever been tagged before. I feel so loved.
Okay, so I guess this is the "10 Weird Things About You" meme, and I'm supposed to list 10 weird and/or little-known things about myself and tag six other people to do the same, and I'm supposed to set forth these rules in no uncertain terms. Which I just did. So here goes.
1. I fit the description of a type of "spirited" child--the type that has weird tactile issues. I have a real problem with "scritchy" things and the texture of certain foods (like onions and tomatoes) and I hate it when my socks don't fit just right and I can't stand wearing layers (like a shirt under a sweater).
2. My husband is six years younger than me and I met him through an internet dating site.
3. I had a mullet in the 8th grade (but then, so did everyone else--it was 1986, after all).
4. I won UMKC's annual writing contest during my second year of college (at the tender age of 27). First prize was $100. I spent the money on landscaping my backyard.
5. The only illegal drugs I've ever done are pot and acid. I've only done acid once, and pot always just made me exceptionally paranoid. I prefer booze.
6. I cheated on my first husband. With a fat guy who had a serious hygiene deficiency and worked as a bartender. I guess you could say I suffered from low self-esteem (and I was 21).
7. I hate the taste of water. I will only drink Dasani (the bottled water Coke sells that's full of salt--mmmm, salt) or Diet Pepsi.
8. I didn't own a CD player until 1994. And MP3 players frighten me. I'm technoligically retarded.
9. I saw Bill Clinton speak during his first presidential campaign. I threw myself into his election and saw him speak on two or three separate occasions. I bought his book. I was convinced he was going to change the world. Four years later, I realized my life was exactly the fucking same as it had been before I'd registered to vote.
10. I'm a Missouri notary.
I don't even think six people read this blog, so consider yourselves all tagged.
Okay, so I guess this is the "10 Weird Things About You" meme, and I'm supposed to list 10 weird and/or little-known things about myself and tag six other people to do the same, and I'm supposed to set forth these rules in no uncertain terms. Which I just did. So here goes.
1. I fit the description of a type of "spirited" child--the type that has weird tactile issues. I have a real problem with "scritchy" things and the texture of certain foods (like onions and tomatoes) and I hate it when my socks don't fit just right and I can't stand wearing layers (like a shirt under a sweater).
2. My husband is six years younger than me and I met him through an internet dating site.
3. I had a mullet in the 8th grade (but then, so did everyone else--it was 1986, after all).
4. I won UMKC's annual writing contest during my second year of college (at the tender age of 27). First prize was $100. I spent the money on landscaping my backyard.
5. The only illegal drugs I've ever done are pot and acid. I've only done acid once, and pot always just made me exceptionally paranoid. I prefer booze.
6. I cheated on my first husband. With a fat guy who had a serious hygiene deficiency and worked as a bartender. I guess you could say I suffered from low self-esteem (and I was 21).
7. I hate the taste of water. I will only drink Dasani (the bottled water Coke sells that's full of salt--mmmm, salt) or Diet Pepsi.
8. I didn't own a CD player until 1994. And MP3 players frighten me. I'm technoligically retarded.
9. I saw Bill Clinton speak during his first presidential campaign. I threw myself into his election and saw him speak on two or three separate occasions. I bought his book. I was convinced he was going to change the world. Four years later, I realized my life was exactly the fucking same as it had been before I'd registered to vote.
10. I'm a Missouri notary.
I don't even think six people read this blog, so consider yourselves all tagged.

4 Comments:
I didn't have a mullet in '86. Heh.
I hate water. I can only drink bottled SPRING water. I can stomach that stuff...barely. Everyone has always told me that you can't taste water...BULL!
A fat smelly bartender? Ew. Did he have cheese?
um...i don't know what that means. and i don't want to know. i'd like to think you're referring to the delightful dairy product often served with wine and crackers, but i know you better than that, so let's just not go there.
and you may not have had mullettude, but i bet you were sportin' the BIG hair...you probably had the skateboard ramp bangs like my sister. :P
The fan bangs! UGH. I think the mullet may have been better.
And I *do* think more than 6 people read your blog, btw.
I had no clue you worked on Clinton's first campaign.
No mullet here, either. I did, however, have a perm gone horribly horribly awry... Me no perm ever again!
Post a Comment
<< Home