Lists Lists and More Lists
I'm a list-maker. I've always been. Color me Type A, but I'm a bit of a scatter-brain and making lists makes me feel better. That is, until I lose said list. I think I try harder to be organized than I ever actually achieve.
Since I'm sitting here bored at work, and it's the last work day of the year, I've been thinking about things I want to do in 2006.
So here's that list. Not necessarily in chronological order.
Since I'm sitting here bored at work, and it's the last work day of the year, I've been thinking about things I want to do in 2006.
So here's that list. Not necessarily in chronological order.
- Get married. Duh.
- Get my custody case finalized and signed, sealed and delivered. Once and for all.
- Pay off my car and fix the things that are wrong with it--i.e., get a muffler, and get the AC fixed or replaced, whichever is necessary.
- Get my finances in some sort of order. (I'm actually making good headway on this one already--I think.)
- Move. I don't care if we rent or buy, I just want a house where the kitchen is on the same level as the rest of the living areas, the yard isn't shared with another house, we have our own parking spaces, there's room for our stuff, the doors all open and close without major acrobatics, there is adequate storage space (including closets), and all the windows open and close without having to first sacrifice a small chicken. I want our own place that isn't just a "temporary" resting place, a place where I can put all MY crap, a place we can make our home. Our home.
- Take a real vacation. We can call it a honeymoon if it makes us feel better, I don't care, I just want a solid several-day stretch with no co-workers calling us and no responsibilities and no worries. Just us. And a beach.
- Lose the weight I lost and found this year.
- Make an effort to really celebrate shit. Like birthdays, and holidays. This year, Thanksgiving and Xmas snuck up on me when I totally wasn't prepared for either of them, and as a result, I feel like I missed them both somehow.
- Be the best mother I can be to my wonderful son, who I'm starting to understand and appreciate more with each passing day.
- Be the best wife I can be to the love of my life, without whom I would surely be sitting in a mental institution right now, drooling all over my art therapy project.
I guess that'll about do it for now. I reserve the right to add to this list as more things come to me.
Oh, and can I just say for the record--I am about sick to death of System of a Down. We're a little hard-pressed for decent radio stations in this town, and the one I've been listening to at work is seriously overplaying whatever their current big "hit" is. I can only take so much screaming and tribal beat before I start to want to throw things.
And a Hap-py New Yeeeear.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home