Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Bad...So Bad.

I played hookey yesterday.

It was desperately needed. After the shit-sucking day Monday turned out to be, I needed a day to send El Nino off to "kindergarten" and spend the day staring at the insides of my eyelids.

And that's what I did, until Ben made me get out of bed at 11:00. Fucker. "Come on, it's time to get up, or we'll sleep all day."

And you say that like it's a bad thing...

So we got up and ordered Chinese takeout for lunch. Then we lounged around on the couch. It was heavenly. Truly.

He went to work around 3:30 and I went to the grocery store--alone--and then to pick up El Nino. When I arrived, he was sacked out in the middle of the floor, where the teacher said he had fallen asleep after much protesting that he wasn't tired, right in the midst of coloring a Christmas tree. She had placed a rolled up towel under his head and covered him with a blanket, and the other kids had gone about their business around him. It took me a good 10 minutes to get him up. The kid sleeps hard.

Today he spent the day with Ben (this being the first day of the 2 week "winter break") and got mauled by the St. Pius X girls' basketball team while covering a story with Ben. I asked Ben "did he get any numbers?" His reply: "no, but I'm sure he could have."

There's so much shit going on right now. I'm swamped at work. I have to get a shot tomorrow. I need a haircut. El Nino needs a haircut. I don't have any money. I need to exercise but I'm too tired. I have to reschedule the mediation. I have to at some point go to Liberty and get my notary commission finalized and while we're up there, we might as well buy a marriage license and get that out of the way...

It's officially official. Last night, he cornered me in the laundry room, took my hand, and slipped the ring on my finger. It's bling-tastic. I've never had so much respect and love for a piece of jewelry--or the person it came from--in my entire life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home