To Hell and Back
PBN's last blog blast asked, "how far would you go/have you gone for your child(ren)?"
I intended to participate, but every time I started, I had to stop.
I would put myself and my family upwards of $20,000 in legal fees debt for you.
I would endure hours of interrogation and scrutiny at the hands of people who had never before met me.
I would risk termination from my job to get you to and from the countless therapy appointments and psychiatric evaluations and meetings with a guardian ad litem.
I would beg, plead, demand and cajole every preschool director who threatened to expel you.
I would put a very new marriage under incredible stress and hope the foundation was strong enough not to crack under pressure.
I would give up night after night of sleep and countless tears.
In summary, I would go to the darkest, innermost circle of hell and back again, if I knew it would keep you safe and happy and allow you to grow into the adult I know you will be.
I intended to participate, but every time I started, I had to stop.
I would put myself and my family upwards of $20,000 in legal fees debt for you.
I would endure hours of interrogation and scrutiny at the hands of people who had never before met me.
I would risk termination from my job to get you to and from the countless therapy appointments and psychiatric evaluations and meetings with a guardian ad litem.
I would beg, plead, demand and cajole every preschool director who threatened to expel you.
I would put a very new marriage under incredible stress and hope the foundation was strong enough not to crack under pressure.
I would give up night after night of sleep and countless tears.
In summary, I would go to the darkest, innermost circle of hell and back again, if I knew it would keep you safe and happy and allow you to grow into the adult I know you will be.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home