Thursday, September 27, 2007

Calgon, Take Them Away

My husband and son have me thinking this baby better be a girl, because I can't handle any more testosterone and male ego running rampant in my house.

The child is about as pig-headed and stubborn as they get (what can I say, he comes by it naturally). The husband is determined to be viewed as an authority figure regardless of the child's genetic makeup. This leads to conflict second only to that seen in Clash of the Titans.

This morning's battle began when son, for reasons unknown, decided to go outside--in the morning. (We don't go outside in the morning, because our mother doesn't want us to get filthy before the first bell even rings--plus there's no one out there to supervise.) Husband arrived home with the dog, and asked son "do you have permission to be outside?" Son said "yes." Husband pointed out that, were son stating a mistruth, son would be sentenced to time-out and would not be allowed in the family room for the morning (where the much-loved cats live). Son again stated yes, he had permission to be outside. Then he promptly turned tail and ran upstairs, where he asked me if he could go outside and I, of course, said no. The jig was up. Son got time out and no pussy, as promised. This pissed son off. Son's being pissed off pissed husband off even more. Ugliness ensued and by the time I left for work I was so ready to leave I nearly sprinted out the door.

Stupid boys.

2 Comments:

Blogger TxGambit said...

Girls are great but at some point they turn into a bitch.... Is that rude to say about my own daughter?

No truly I love her dearly and I'm really blessed to have her because she is my saving grace sometimes.

But two chics in the same house and PMS.... It gets interesting!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I second that. Andy's already told Joshua he's converting the shed into a hideout for them when the girls hit puberty. The power's already linked to down there, for a light he tells me, but I know it's for the tele and beer fridge for when times get bad!
But the good side is that you'll have an ally when the times are good.

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home