Saturday, July 07, 2007

More On Moron

Love the title? Me too. I kill me.

Okay, so the reason I'm flipping out over this continuance being denied is that no, we can't take the therapist's deposition--she's already on medical leave, and if she does any "work" during her leave, her employer won't pay any of her short term disability. Which, you know, I can understand, but fuck--at the same time, my kid's life is kind of at stake here, for fucking out loud.

She did tell me at our last meeting that she had updated all of her case notes very meticulously in anticipation of a continuance not being granted, and told me she had been very specific about db's numerous shortcomings. Still, her office notes aren't nearly as effective as live testimony. I've been counting on her to be my ace in the hole all this time, and now the judge has basically fucked me out of my star witness.

There is still Bob's teacher and the psychiatric NP--both of whom also hate db and think he's a shit poor excuse for a father. Still, the therapist has had the most in-depth observation of db's interaction (or lack thereof) with Bob.

I just really hope this isn't a shadow of things to come.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

suck city that you can't depose her, that seems so unfair, you'd think there'd be an exception to that disability issue if someone elese's well being hung in the balance. At least she said she updated the note in the medical records well, which will help, but you're right, direct testimony is always best. It's time to pray and as you know, sometimes aces in the hole aren't really the aces you expect ... maybe the NP and Bob's teacher will be a King and Queen in the hole to back up your Ace.

And yes the title for this post is GREAT.

9:40 AM  
Blogger joansy said...

Can the judge order her to be there? Maybe if there's a court order it won't mess with her medical leave? Damn. I hope it works out.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Builder Mama said...

I'm with Joansy - it seems ludicrous that her employer would jeopardize a case because she'd have to actually "work" for a day.

Hang in there. I just have a feeling in my gut that it will all work out in your favor in the end.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mitzi,

I am so sorry that you have to go through this I know how hard it can be... but stick in there you'll get through it. I have a db of my own my son is 9 know... and he hates going over there but he won't stick up to db because he's scared of him :(
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Linda

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home