Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Welcome to the Clusterfuck

I'm beginning to wonder--if I started screaming right now, how hard would someone have to slap me before I stopped?

Let's see...Bob got sent home around noon today (Monday) for general shit-ness. The school has made it abundantly clear that they don't give a shit what orders are in place, they are not allowing db on the property period. db continues to badger me for Bob's medical and school records (or at the very least, a synopsis of which), when it's really not even my place to provide him with that crap when he can get it on his own. Several people are now doing their damnedest to persuade me to put Bob on Ritalin because "it's safer than it used to be" (what does that mean, anyway?) and given his inability to function on a day-to-day basis, I'm considering it because I frankly don't know what else to do. I'm hesitant to incorporate any new therapy for Bob because of the current "joint custody" status--db is going to fight me on every suggestion just for the fuck of it, and I'm really not interested in dealing with his shit right now--and honestly, I'm not sure what good new therapists or shrinks are going to be at this point. Speaking of shrinks, Bob has an appointment with his next Monday morning--when he's with db--so either db just plain won't show up for the appointment, or db will show up and create a scene. And after having sat down last night and outlined what my case is, I'm not sure there's time enough to put together all the supporting evidence before the 2nd week in January--as much as I don't want to drag this shit out for another 6 months, I'll be damned if I walk into court less prepared than I want to be. Again.

I'm really not in a good place right now but I desperately need to keep my head in the game. I can't afford to lose it. Not yet.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at it like this, Mitzi--if you lose it, db wins. And I KNOW you don't want that.

Do anything--aromatherapy, yoga, CrunchBerries--to keep sane. I have a sneaking suspicion db will lose interest. He thinks he has you on the ropes. It's time for a rope-a-prick!

john

8:10 AM  
Blogger Mitzi Green said...

crunchberries...i'd almost forgotten about those...bless you, jd...

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home