Wanted: Brain
Must be able to function clearly under extreme duress. Experience a plus. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
I was made aware of yet another work fuck-up this afternoon. Apparently one of our drunk drivers had an administrative hearing this morning, the notice of which completely eluded me as it was buried in a pile of police reports and field sobriety check reports that were sent stapled together from the license bureau a week or so ago. I looked at it, said "records" and put it in the file.
Earlier this week, I sent someone a check before making sure the damned thing was signed. It wasn't.
I've never had a job where I had such a time keeping affairs in order. I don't know if it's just me--maybe all the other bullshit in my life is making it harder to focus--or if the job just can't be done by one person. Bossman's complete lack of organization and haphazard method of practicing law doesn't make it any easier. He doesn't communicate anything to me--such as court dates he's scheduled, appointments he's made, notices that came in mail he happened to open before me--and he puts everything off til the last fucking minute, which means a good deal of the time, I'm scrambling trying to get things done on schedule and other things get put on the back burner. Yes, I've been pretty scattered recently--but I'm starting to wonder if it's possible for this job to be done well by just one person.
Or maybe I'm just not the right one person to do it.
At least it's Friday, and visiting hours are over. If that kid comes back with one more fucking baggie full of candy, I'm going to open a can of Whoop Ass. The Bob started in on me on the way there--he always gets worked up when we go there, but tonight, he was wound especially tight. We were getting close when he started getting up in my Kool-Aid because I won't let him go to daddy's house. And he got rather pissy about it, too.
Part of me can't wait until he's old enough to realize what a fucking jackass his father is and the truth behind this situation. The majority of me dreads that day because it sucks enough to realize your parents aren't gods--it must really suck to find out they're stark raving lunatics.
Enough. I'm going to go drink heavily now.
I was made aware of yet another work fuck-up this afternoon. Apparently one of our drunk drivers had an administrative hearing this morning, the notice of which completely eluded me as it was buried in a pile of police reports and field sobriety check reports that were sent stapled together from the license bureau a week or so ago. I looked at it, said "records" and put it in the file.
Earlier this week, I sent someone a check before making sure the damned thing was signed. It wasn't.
I've never had a job where I had such a time keeping affairs in order. I don't know if it's just me--maybe all the other bullshit in my life is making it harder to focus--or if the job just can't be done by one person. Bossman's complete lack of organization and haphazard method of practicing law doesn't make it any easier. He doesn't communicate anything to me--such as court dates he's scheduled, appointments he's made, notices that came in mail he happened to open before me--and he puts everything off til the last fucking minute, which means a good deal of the time, I'm scrambling trying to get things done on schedule and other things get put on the back burner. Yes, I've been pretty scattered recently--but I'm starting to wonder if it's possible for this job to be done well by just one person.
Or maybe I'm just not the right one person to do it.
At least it's Friday, and visiting hours are over. If that kid comes back with one more fucking baggie full of candy, I'm going to open a can of Whoop Ass. The Bob started in on me on the way there--he always gets worked up when we go there, but tonight, he was wound especially tight. We were getting close when he started getting up in my Kool-Aid because I won't let him go to daddy's house. And he got rather pissy about it, too.
Part of me can't wait until he's old enough to realize what a fucking jackass his father is and the truth behind this situation. The majority of me dreads that day because it sucks enough to realize your parents aren't gods--it must really suck to find out they're stark raving lunatics.
Enough. I'm going to go drink heavily now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home