Snow Daze
Remember when you were a kid, starting around mid-November, you'd set your clock-radio to the local (read: crappy) station and when it went off in the morning, you'd lie in bed whispering "please please please please please" until the deejay FINALLY over-enunciated those words you'd been longing for:
"All area schools are closed."
Or drove you to near homicide with the ones you dreaded:
"Get up, kids, school's open."
Bob's preschool follows the local public school district as far as shutting down. This includes snow days. It's not as bad as it could be, given Ben's job pretty much depends on school activities being in session--so if the kids are off, he usually is, too. Such was the case yesterday. And when I looked out my office window at 2:45 and noticed the snow was really picking up speed, I got nervous and decided to call it a day. After white-knuckling it home, I spent the afternoon curled up on the couch with my little buddy and got in a nice nap. When I got the text message that area schools would be closed today, I told Ben I'd take the morning off and just go to work when he got home. Meaning I got to sleep in (with Bob) and take it easy until noon.
Snow days are cool.
Although the schools shut down, the courts did not, so we had our case management conference yesterday in the motion to modify case. We go to trial on 2/13. That seems a little soon to me, but really, there's not a lot more we need to do to have our case ready for trial. We've pretty much taken care of all our witnesses and whatnot during prep for the family access motion case. So I guess the sooner, the better.
And I finally got my child support check for November--yesterday--30 days late. And made out to my maiden name. And with nothing written in the line where you write out the "blah blah blah and 00/100s." Oh, how tempting to not stick a 1 in the front of the dollar amount box and write in my own amount. Dumbass. I guess he thinks it'll be harder for me to cash if he left that part blank.
I'm not really looking forward to driving out to BFE tonight for db's visit. The highways are pretty clear by now, but I still hate that drive. Maybe I'll use that time to continue addressing our Christmas cards. I still think the photo makes me look like a whale. Next year I resolve to be thinner. Yeah, right.
Totally Unimportant Side Note: Scrubs didn't disappoint last night. And our DVR picked up the one with the "air banding" in which Turk does a killer air band performance of BBD's "Poison." I've still got the song in my head. It doesn't help that my husband wanted to be in an R&B boy band himself and continues to sing it over and over. "It's driving me outta my mind." Literally.
"All area schools are closed."
Or drove you to near homicide with the ones you dreaded:
"Get up, kids, school's open."
Bob's preschool follows the local public school district as far as shutting down. This includes snow days. It's not as bad as it could be, given Ben's job pretty much depends on school activities being in session--so if the kids are off, he usually is, too. Such was the case yesterday. And when I looked out my office window at 2:45 and noticed the snow was really picking up speed, I got nervous and decided to call it a day. After white-knuckling it home, I spent the afternoon curled up on the couch with my little buddy and got in a nice nap. When I got the text message that area schools would be closed today, I told Ben I'd take the morning off and just go to work when he got home. Meaning I got to sleep in (with Bob) and take it easy until noon.
Snow days are cool.
Although the schools shut down, the courts did not, so we had our case management conference yesterday in the motion to modify case. We go to trial on 2/13. That seems a little soon to me, but really, there's not a lot more we need to do to have our case ready for trial. We've pretty much taken care of all our witnesses and whatnot during prep for the family access motion case. So I guess the sooner, the better.
And I finally got my child support check for November--yesterday--30 days late. And made out to my maiden name. And with nothing written in the line where you write out the "blah blah blah and 00/100s." Oh, how tempting to not stick a 1 in the front of the dollar amount box and write in my own amount. Dumbass. I guess he thinks it'll be harder for me to cash if he left that part blank.
I'm not really looking forward to driving out to BFE tonight for db's visit. The highways are pretty clear by now, but I still hate that drive. Maybe I'll use that time to continue addressing our Christmas cards. I still think the photo makes me look like a whale. Next year I resolve to be thinner. Yeah, right.
Totally Unimportant Side Note: Scrubs didn't disappoint last night. And our DVR picked up the one with the "air banding" in which Turk does a killer air band performance of BBD's "Poison." I've still got the song in my head. It doesn't help that my husband wanted to be in an R&B boy band himself and continues to sing it over and over. "It's driving me outta my mind." Literally.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home