Sunday, May 03, 2009

Post-Natal Nesting

My "new baby" is about to turn one.

One.

Shit on toast, when did this happen? He was just born, like, last week.

For whatever reason--possibly to keep my mind off this milestone and preventing endless tears over it--my nesting instinct has kicked into high gear. It could be I've wanted to make certain improvements and changes to the house since we bought it--but given I've spent all our time here either pregnant or mothering an infant, never got to any of them before now.

This weekend, I disassembled our master bath.

Yeah.

Fortunately, our "master" bath is little more than a closet with a sink, a toilet, and a shower. The walls are half tiled. The other half was wallpaper.

(Insert groan here)

Did I mention the popcorn ceiling?

(More groaning)

Initially I planned only to deal with the wallpaper. But you know how it is, you're up there on your stepstool, $3 plastic putty knife in hand, and you see that spot bubbling in the center of the ceiling, and think, "I wonder how easily that would come down," and the next thing you know, you're covered in plaster and wondering "why the hell did I decide to do this again?"

The good news is, the wallpaper and popcorn are mostly gone. Tomorrow night, I will (hopefully) finish sanding. Primer Tuesday night, paint Thursday?

Home improvement. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home