Saturday, January 03, 2009

and Here We Go Again

I'm fat and I'm fucking tired of it.

So I've traded Sailor Jerry and Coke for vodka and diet tonic (I'll miss you, old friend). I've traded mindless snacking for planned snacking on edamame. I'm trying to find that thing that fills the void for skinny people--you know, the one I fill with food? Yeah, that one.

And I've come to the conclusion that the way I lost it all the first time is the only way I'm likely to lose it this time--45-50 minutes of cardio, 4-6 days a week. I've also come to the conclusion there's no fucking chance in hell of me doing any sort of exercising in the evening when kids are awake and I'm already worn out from working all day. And the odds of my getting up to exercise in the lower level of my house aren't good. And I've been paying for a family membership at the local community center for the past year and so far it's cash down the shitter.

Soooooo...

I must. I must. I must increase my bust, and get my ass out of bed really fucking early in the morning, no fewer than 3 days a week (preferably 5), and go to the gym. If I get up at 5, I can surely make it home by 6--plenty of time to feed Moosebaby and prepare him for his day before he and Ben leave at 6:30.

Oh, God, that's early. That's beyond early. That's tear-in-my-beer early.

But there is no. other. way. It has to be done. And I've enlisted Ben's help in getting up. Which may lead either to divorce or homicide.

Or--and I sincerely hope this is the one--it may lead to my dropping a couple of sizes and being considerably happier through the remaining months of winter.

Wish me luck. I have a feeling I'm going to need it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Oodles of luck. Heck, if I lived next door I'd come round and kick your butt out of bed - purely for the fact I need the motivation myself!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Builder Mama said...

Right there with ya, sistah. I got on the scale this morning and I'm surprised you didn't hear me screaming from your house. I ran on Friday and am headed out to run now...I freaking hate running, but so far it's the only thing I've found that guarantees that my ass won't be the size of a bus. Bleh.

On the plus side, I do find the endorphins help a lot this time of year since I seem to have developed a big sensitivity to lack of sunlight. So there's that.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Good luck - It wouldn't be pretty if I tried to get up that early!

9:03 PM  
Blogger MarciaAnn said...

I think we have all found ourselves in a similar situation, at least your close to a gym. One reason why I've not joined one, closest one is 20 miles away!

I'm already up at 5:30 to get things going in the house (get husband out the door; get 17-yr old son ready for school; get self ready for work, I cannot imagine getting up 2 hrs earlier to drive the 40 minutes into town to work out to drive the 40 minutes back home to get things ready to drive the hour back into town (same town, just commuter traffic and it's worse in the evenings, so I'm already not getting home until 6p anyway.

My self-promises are to drink the effing 5 bottles of water daily (again) and start cutting back on my butter/salt intake (I'm a cousin to the Buttertons you've seen on TV)

Good luck with the re-dedication!

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home