Shred Me, Bitch
After hearing it made my sister hurl, I decided to give Jillian Michaels' "30-Day Shred" a try. (Thanks to Exercise TV On Demand and our DVR, I didn't have to fork over the $15 for the 3-workout series. Pirating ROCKS!)
I started on Tuesday with the "Level 3" workout, which kicked my ass to the point I wasn't sure I could handle our stairs when I finished.
On Wednesday, I reverted back to Level 1 with similar Jell-O leg results. I also weighed myself and took measurements. The workout didn't make me puke, but those numbers did.
Today, knowing I would spend the day stuffing myself full of what essentially amounts to flour and water and sugar, I started with a light breakfast (Carnation Instant Sugar-Free w/ 1% milk and about 1/4 of the ham omelet Ben made himself) and then plunged into Level 1 again.
Tomorrow--more Level 1 torture and braving the Black Friday madness because dammit, we need groceries and I shop at Super Target. Hey, at least all the crazies will be on the non-grocery half of the store, right? And most of them will be gone by the time I roll my fat ass out of bed and get moving...
But in all seriousness, I hope this works. I want this to work. I need this to work. It's 20 minutes a day. That, I can manage. An hour to drive to the gym, do 40 minutes of cardio and drive home? Not so much. Moosebaby is already 6 months--6 months!--old, and that time seems to have flown by right under my nose. Whoever said a year is a long time obviously never had a baby.
But something's got to give. My "big girl" pants are starting to tighten up. I have certain tops I need help getting out of. I have no energy and if I hold my head just right, I can create the illusion of multiple chins. And as easy as it would be to just buy clothes in a size larger, I can't afford to replace a wardrobe. Especially when I have one already that I could use if I were just a size or two lighter.
I canarod, I willarod, I winarod, Iditarod.
I started on Tuesday with the "Level 3" workout, which kicked my ass to the point I wasn't sure I could handle our stairs when I finished.
On Wednesday, I reverted back to Level 1 with similar Jell-O leg results. I also weighed myself and took measurements. The workout didn't make me puke, but those numbers did.
Today, knowing I would spend the day stuffing myself full of what essentially amounts to flour and water and sugar, I started with a light breakfast (Carnation Instant Sugar-Free w/ 1% milk and about 1/4 of the ham omelet Ben made himself) and then plunged into Level 1 again.
Tomorrow--more Level 1 torture and braving the Black Friday madness because dammit, we need groceries and I shop at Super Target. Hey, at least all the crazies will be on the non-grocery half of the store, right? And most of them will be gone by the time I roll my fat ass out of bed and get moving...
But in all seriousness, I hope this works. I want this to work. I need this to work. It's 20 minutes a day. That, I can manage. An hour to drive to the gym, do 40 minutes of cardio and drive home? Not so much. Moosebaby is already 6 months--6 months!--old, and that time seems to have flown by right under my nose. Whoever said a year is a long time obviously never had a baby.
But something's got to give. My "big girl" pants are starting to tighten up. I have certain tops I need help getting out of. I have no energy and if I hold my head just right, I can create the illusion of multiple chins. And as easy as it would be to just buy clothes in a size larger, I can't afford to replace a wardrobe. Especially when I have one already that I could use if I were just a size or two lighter.
I canarod, I willarod, I winarod, Iditarod.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home