Saturday, November 29, 2008

Holidaze

I can't believe tomorrow is already Sunday and this first of the Holidaystravaganza long weekends is over.



It always seems to go down this way. I'm told it's yet another sign of adult ADD, the way I work myself up for holidays and long weekends and end up filling every single available second with activity and then at the end of it all scratch my head and wonder where the days actually went. I don't care what it's a sign of, it's more than slightly annoying.

Turkey Day Eve? Ben hung with the boys at his parents' house while I did (very little) at work. I left at 4, dropped off Bob to the db, and went home, where we relaxed and ate Chinese take-out and I happily discovered while working on our budget that we are damn near the point of being able to not rely on child support as part of our income. (Never mind the obscene amount of debt we still have and/or the obscene amount of medical bills we have yet to pay and/or the obscene amount of my ever-increasing student loans in forbearance. That we are almost back to living paycheck-to-paycheck is, truly, an improvement in our circumstances.)

Turkey Day? Spent with my (very loud and obnoxious) family in my parents' (very small) house. Picked up Bob at 8pm, got home and decided to break from tradition and wait til the following day to deck the halls.

Friday? Got up and took Bob to brave the Black Friday crowds while Ben took Moosebaby to brave the Angry Nurses (angry over having to work on Black Friday) and have his 6-month shots. We returned our overdue library books, browsed Hobby Lobby, enjoyed some Starbucks, and did our grocery shopping. Came home and decked the halls.

Today? Got up and took the boys to Target for Round 2 of family photos--Kids Edition. Decided I will never, ever patronize that particular Target Portrait Studio again. When I make an appointment a month in advance and specifically request your FIRST appointment of the day, I mean it, assholes. And your photographer takes shitty pictures, anyway. So ppbbbbbt. Came home, got the older boy ready for a birthday party--a swimming party at the community center's tragically unheated indoor pool, which Bob was ready to ditch after about an hour. Can't say I blame him--I can't stand to be in that freezing ass pool either, and the poor kid doesn't have an ounce of fat on his skinny little body to rely on. Came home, made lasagna, started sorting through mom's recipe box (more on that endeavor later), put the boys to bed, did the 30 Day Shred (I've graduated to 5 pound weights! Rock star!), showered, lit a fire...

and here we are. Now I'm looking forward to spending tomorrow doing very little. At the very least, I don't plan on going anywhere. At least, nowhere that requires me to get out of the car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home