Just Another Average Monday
Since Gretchen showed me hers, I'll show you mine.
What's an "average Monday" in the Green house?
You don't even want to know.
The alarm sounds at 5:50am. If His Majesty the Little Moose managed not to wake us up in the middle of the night, Ben hits the snooze once. (Otherwise, he may hit it a couple of times.) He gets out of bed around 6:00, brings me a baby and a bottle (to bed, of course), and I fall back to sleep while Moosebaby eats and does the same. Ben showers and gets ready for work. I eventually get up around 6:20 and get the baby dressed and ready to go. They are out the door between 6:30 and 6:40. I then take a shower and wake Bob around 7:10. We leave at 7:40. I drop him off at school at 7:45 and then head to work, getting there between 8:20 and 8:30 (depending on traffic).
Then it's runaroundlikeaheadlesschicken until noon, when I go walking on the Plaza with the other bitch in our group. (We used to all walk together, but this other bitch and I have started being exclusive so we can talk shit on the rest of them. Catty, yes. But it's a necessary evil.) We walk for 20-30 minutes, then come back to the office and eat lunch at our desks. Then it's work work work until that magical hour when it's time to go home (5:30, unless I bugger out early).
I get home around 6:00. Ben picks up the kids on his way home and usually (hopefully) has dinner either ready or close to ready when I get there. We all eat dinner (usually with a baby on my lap), then Bob will usually try to find someone outside to play with. I try to put the baby in a stroller and go for a walk. If the weather is shitty (like today), we just chill in the house and watch some tube. Bob's bathtime is 7:30. I rock the baby while he's in the tub. Then hand the baby over to Daddy so I can read Bob his bedtime story. Lights out at 8:00. Feed the baby or take over for Dad trying to get him to sleep.
When the kids are both out (usually by 8:30), it's time to pour a cocktail and vegetate in front of the tv. I end up either passing out on the sofa or asking Ben if it's time for bed between 10 and 10:30.
Remember those years when we worked all day, took a party nap at 6, stayed out til 4am, and got up to do it all over again two hours later?
Me neither.
What's an "average Monday" in the Green house?
You don't even want to know.
The alarm sounds at 5:50am. If His Majesty the Little Moose managed not to wake us up in the middle of the night, Ben hits the snooze once. (Otherwise, he may hit it a couple of times.) He gets out of bed around 6:00, brings me a baby and a bottle (to bed, of course), and I fall back to sleep while Moosebaby eats and does the same. Ben showers and gets ready for work. I eventually get up around 6:20 and get the baby dressed and ready to go. They are out the door between 6:30 and 6:40. I then take a shower and wake Bob around 7:10. We leave at 7:40. I drop him off at school at 7:45 and then head to work, getting there between 8:20 and 8:30 (depending on traffic).
Then it's runaroundlikeaheadlesschicken until noon, when I go walking on the Plaza with the other bitch in our group. (We used to all walk together, but this other bitch and I have started being exclusive so we can talk shit on the rest of them. Catty, yes. But it's a necessary evil.) We walk for 20-30 minutes, then come back to the office and eat lunch at our desks. Then it's work work work until that magical hour when it's time to go home (5:30, unless I bugger out early).
I get home around 6:00. Ben picks up the kids on his way home and usually (hopefully) has dinner either ready or close to ready when I get there. We all eat dinner (usually with a baby on my lap), then Bob will usually try to find someone outside to play with. I try to put the baby in a stroller and go for a walk. If the weather is shitty (like today), we just chill in the house and watch some tube. Bob's bathtime is 7:30. I rock the baby while he's in the tub. Then hand the baby over to Daddy so I can read Bob his bedtime story. Lights out at 8:00. Feed the baby or take over for Dad trying to get him to sleep.
When the kids are both out (usually by 8:30), it's time to pour a cocktail and vegetate in front of the tv. I end up either passing out on the sofa or asking Ben if it's time for bed between 10 and 10:30.
Remember those years when we worked all day, took a party nap at 6, stayed out til 4am, and got up to do it all over again two hours later?
Me neither.

1 Comments:
Thanks for sharing!
Busy days I tell you.
I miss the Party Nap.
Post a Comment
<< Home