Sick Day
*Answer for Karen--the pictures are forthcoming. I want to wait until I get the pumpkins out, and paint the shutters. So you get the full "before" and "after" effect. I watch too much HGTV.
Today is a sick day.
The little moose got his 4 month old shots Saturday night--that's right, Saturday night, because my MIL is a pediatric nurse practitioner so I have to actually grace the doc's office with our presence, like, never. She was watching the little stinker while Ben and I went out (for the first time since before MB was born) and he was due for the shots, sooooo... He ran a fever most of Saturday night and yesterday didn't seem quite himself. He slept a lot and developed a nasty snotty nose and a gooey eye. And spent most of last night waking up every half hour to cry for no apparent reason.
So today, we stayed home. Daddy and Big Brother are insanely jealous.
It won't be a wholly unproductive day. The plan is to fill Bob's prescription and get our groceries. We tried this once already, but the pharmacy drive-thru was too slow for my liking, and Target has, apparently, rid themselves of the carts with the attached infant seat. (I have a regular, non-carrier-type car seat in my car.) Now we're home for a bite to eat before trying the whole stupid thing over again (with the infant carrier seat in tow this time).
The good news is, save the snotty nose, he seems to be feeling better and his fever is gone.
Today is a sick day.
The little moose got his 4 month old shots Saturday night--that's right, Saturday night, because my MIL is a pediatric nurse practitioner so I have to actually grace the doc's office with our presence, like, never. She was watching the little stinker while Ben and I went out (for the first time since before MB was born) and he was due for the shots, sooooo... He ran a fever most of Saturday night and yesterday didn't seem quite himself. He slept a lot and developed a nasty snotty nose and a gooey eye. And spent most of last night waking up every half hour to cry for no apparent reason.
So today, we stayed home. Daddy and Big Brother are insanely jealous.
It won't be a wholly unproductive day. The plan is to fill Bob's prescription and get our groceries. We tried this once already, but the pharmacy drive-thru was too slow for my liking, and Target has, apparently, rid themselves of the carts with the attached infant seat. (I have a regular, non-carrier-type car seat in my car.) Now we're home for a bite to eat before trying the whole stupid thing over again (with the infant carrier seat in tow this time).
The good news is, save the snotty nose, he seems to be feeling better and his fever is gone.

3 Comments:
Awww, bless him - the shots are horrid, but a necessary evil. Glad he's getting over the effects. Can't wait for those pictures - you don't put enough on here - would love to see more of your life in pictures.
my little one got a fever after the 4mos shots earlier this month too. MPP never was affected like that, so it was a surprise for us. I've been calling her "goose" lately (and I get flaskbacks of Top Gun, lol) and then I think of Moosebaby....and get a little chuckle. One day they are going to HAVE to have a playdate.
goosebaby and moosebaby?
they are SO having an arranged marriage. ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home