And this post will prove it.*
*That I have adult ADD. Note the lack of "H". The "hyperactivity" part of the equation sadly skipped me. "Sadly," because just think of all I could get accomplished if only I were hyperactive...
I have a lot of irons in the fire. Among them: (1) make Bob a scorpion Halloween costume (the baby is going to be, of course, a moose--and he will wear the moose costume Ben bought for the stupid dog last year that was just a tad too small for her); (2) plan Bob's birthday party; and (3) involve myself in some curb appeal.
Yes, I still need to make Bob a costume. Hell, I still need to get past the initial "thinking about it" phase. I've asked Gretchen to help me come up with a plan, because I get about as far as "you need fabric" and then my head starts to hurt and I see something shiny and lose focus.
Bob's birthday party is going to be a good old-fashioned weenie roast in our backyard. To do this, I'm going to need to build a fire pit. Which means finding cinder blocks. And wood. And...oh, look, something shiny!
Curb appeal--my daily walking has taken me past many houses that have owners who have put considerably more effort into their appearance than I have. So now I have an idea of what I want to do with the front of our house. I just don't have money. So I need to investigate the cheapest places to buy pavers, river rock, and mums.
And in the meantime, I have laundry to do. And children to feed. And a husband. And a job. And cats.
No wonder I'm scatterbrained.
On a positive note, I'm down another 2 pounds--goal met! Woo-hoo! Only 20 more to go before December 1!
I have a lot of irons in the fire. Among them: (1) make Bob a scorpion Halloween costume (the baby is going to be, of course, a moose--and he will wear the moose costume Ben bought for the stupid dog last year that was just a tad too small for her); (2) plan Bob's birthday party; and (3) involve myself in some curb appeal.
Yes, I still need to make Bob a costume. Hell, I still need to get past the initial "thinking about it" phase. I've asked Gretchen to help me come up with a plan, because I get about as far as "you need fabric" and then my head starts to hurt and I see something shiny and lose focus.
Bob's birthday party is going to be a good old-fashioned weenie roast in our backyard. To do this, I'm going to need to build a fire pit. Which means finding cinder blocks. And wood. And...oh, look, something shiny!
Curb appeal--my daily walking has taken me past many houses that have owners who have put considerably more effort into their appearance than I have. So now I have an idea of what I want to do with the front of our house. I just don't have money. So I need to investigate the cheapest places to buy pavers, river rock, and mums.
And in the meantime, I have laundry to do. And children to feed. And a husband. And a job. And cats.
No wonder I'm scatterbrained.
On a positive note, I'm down another 2 pounds--goal met! Woo-hoo! Only 20 more to go before December 1!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home