Damn
He's not dead.
He is, however, in jail. But only until tomorrow morning. Apparently, multiple violations of one's probation are only worth a 48-hour visit to the pokey.
Still, I love the way he tried to play it off as "sick." It's true, he's sick, all right--but not in the way he meant. I can't wait for him to demand make-up time for tonight's missed visit. I printed off a copy of the inmate roster to send to him when he does. Sorry, but there's no provision in the custody order allowing for make-up visitation when the non-custodial parent is locked up and making friends with the county's best and brightest. Heh.
I kept up the ruse for Bob, of course. I called him at school this afternoon and told him his dad is sick and doesn't want him to catch it, so he couldn't pick him up today. Bob hardly seemed upset about it. And he didn't mention calling him tonight, either. I'm sure a lesser person would feel vindicated by this, but I don't. I actually wish Bob had a decent relationship with a decent father. Reality sucks.
I'm sure over the weekend db will be sure to clear things up for Bob, telling him all about how he wasn't sick, he was IN JAIL and it's all THAT BITCH MOTHER OF YOURS' FAULT. Which will leave me once more playing damage control and him looking like an even bigger douchebag.
Ah, good times.
In other news--please keep my little niece, Taylor, in your thoughts tomorrow. At 5 months old (and cashing in at just over 10 pounds), Baby Tay is having surgery tomorrow to repair a heart valve defect. We're all very hopeful this will be her final surgery for the long run, and she can finally be a healthy, happy baby. After all, Moosebaby needs a playmate his age.
He is, however, in jail. But only until tomorrow morning. Apparently, multiple violations of one's probation are only worth a 48-hour visit to the pokey.
Still, I love the way he tried to play it off as "sick." It's true, he's sick, all right--but not in the way he meant. I can't wait for him to demand make-up time for tonight's missed visit. I printed off a copy of the inmate roster to send to him when he does. Sorry, but there's no provision in the custody order allowing for make-up visitation when the non-custodial parent is locked up and making friends with the county's best and brightest. Heh.
I kept up the ruse for Bob, of course. I called him at school this afternoon and told him his dad is sick and doesn't want him to catch it, so he couldn't pick him up today. Bob hardly seemed upset about it. And he didn't mention calling him tonight, either. I'm sure a lesser person would feel vindicated by this, but I don't. I actually wish Bob had a decent relationship with a decent father. Reality sucks.
I'm sure over the weekend db will be sure to clear things up for Bob, telling him all about how he wasn't sick, he was IN JAIL and it's all THAT BITCH MOTHER OF YOURS' FAULT. Which will leave me once more playing damage control and him looking like an even bigger douchebag.
Ah, good times.
In other news--please keep my little niece, Taylor, in your thoughts tomorrow. At 5 months old (and cashing in at just over 10 pounds), Baby Tay is having surgery tomorrow to repair a heart valve defect. We're all very hopeful this will be her final surgery for the long run, and she can finally be a healthy, happy baby. After all, Moosebaby needs a playmate his age.

2 Comments:
It seems to me that Bob's starting to understand that being without db is a good thing. And as for the decent father comment - Ben's there - he's more of a father to Bob than db could ever manage. Prayers and thoughts for baby T too.
Hope the surgery goes well. Thinking of you all today.
Post a Comment
<< Home