Why I Have a "Real" Job
Our pool plans for yesterday got ruined by our faulty central air and our having to stick around the house while the fellas installed a new unit. (Don't even ask me what that set us back, because if I think about it, I'll start crying again.) By the time they finished, there was an hour before Start Dinner Time, followed by Eat Dinner Time, followed by Pick Up Cat from Vet Time, followed by Drive to the BMX Track Time. No time for walking to the pool and getting $5 worth of swimming in.
So while we were at the track (Bob took 3rd in his class), it was determined that the in-laws live 26 miles away--making a trip to their house and back worth 2 gallons of gas, i.e., $8, as opposed to the $10 local pool cost. So we made plans to go swimming at their pool today.
And of course, it's fucking raining. And apparently, the forecast has now changed to rain and storms for the next 3 damned days.
And I've got a 5-week-old and a 6 year old who has been following me around for the past 2 days telling me how bored he is and begging me to play with him and can we go to the store and buy me a new toy?
More later. Right now I have to go feed the infant, feed the older kid, and count the hours until our "vacation" from Adventure Club is over.
So while we were at the track (Bob took 3rd in his class), it was determined that the in-laws live 26 miles away--making a trip to their house and back worth 2 gallons of gas, i.e., $8, as opposed to the $10 local pool cost. So we made plans to go swimming at their pool today.
And of course, it's fucking raining. And apparently, the forecast has now changed to rain and storms for the next 3 damned days.
And I've got a 5-week-old and a 6 year old who has been following me around for the past 2 days telling me how bored he is and begging me to play with him and can we go to the store and buy me a new toy?
More later. Right now I have to go feed the infant, feed the older kid, and count the hours until our "vacation" from Adventure Club is over.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home