Monday, June 30, 2008

Home Vacation - Day 1

Bob is "on vacation" this week. The school age child care program allows each child to take one week (five consecutive days) of "vacation" during the summer, which gives the parents one week of "vacation" from paying for their little darlings to be entertained all day. This is good for my wallet, but potentially bad for my sanity. I've been planning the week's activities in an effort to keep us all from being committed by Friday.

Today, Bob had a therapy appointment at 11:00. We were up not long after 8:00. I did a 15 minute "abs/cardio circuit" workout (courtesy of InDemand) and then went out to the garage to get the boxes of Mitzi's Office Crap out of the back seat.

That's when my ADMD (Attention Deficit Mom Disorder) kicked in.

Get the boxes out of the car turned into Get the other crap out of the back seat which then turned into Dammit I can't open the car door all the way because of all this shit in my way and the next thing I know, I'm cleaning the garage. By the time I had finished, Bob came out to inform me the baby was crying, so I went inside and that's when I noticed it was 10:15. And the baby was hungry and I hadn't even showered yet.

Argh.

Luckily, Bob still thinks it's very cool to help out with the baby--meaning he's content to give Moose Jr. a bottle while mommy takes a very hurried shower and makes herself presentable. We were out the door by 10:49 and walked into the therapist's office at 11:01.

Phew.

After therapy, it was time for today's activity--Pizza Street. We've never been to Pizza Street, but Bob knows their jingle by heart ("All you can eat for $4.49!") and has been begging me to go there for ages. The school gave out Pizza Street vouchers for academic excellence last month, so Bob's meal was free. (Mine was not, but unbeknownst to him, Bob's arcade money came from his own wallet--so the total Mom cost of today's excursion: $7.47.) The pizza was by no means part of a nutritious diet, and the arcade was disappointing (even by Bob standards), but it was damned tasty, and we had a good time. All I'm saying is that "all you can eat" pizza loaded with bacon and pepperoni and other pork product combined with all you can eat cinnamon rolls and some concoction of pizza dough covered in chocolate syrup and powdered sugar is not the most diet-friendly thing. Good thing I'm going to the gym tonight.

Tomorrow--Bob, Moose Jr. and myself are going to the pool. Hopefully no one drowns, either by accident or on purpose...

2 Comments:

Blogger joansy said...

So did you tell your old boss that you're quitting?

The pool sounds perfect!

9:26 PM  
Blogger MarciaAnn said...

The pool - I long for a day off when the sun shines! It's been raining at least half of the month of June here in Maine!

Sounds like Bob's handling the step to big brother with some form of grace - he IS a good kid - there was no doubt about that!

Hope he does well at the races this week. Will there be one Friday given the holiday?

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home