Thursday, June 12, 2008

Jane, Stop This Crazy Thing

Meaning the roller coaster that is my life.

Thanks, first and foremost, for the words of encouragement. I'm trying very hard not to obsess and stew, but I find myself doing so more often than not. At 4:00 this morning, as a matter of fact (I'll tell you why I was awake in a minute), I had to tell myself to just stop and let it go. I'm not the first person he's done wrong this way, I probably won't be the last, and it's time to find something better.

And find something better I shall. Tomorrow I have an interview with one of the headhunters, and I just emailed my resume to the Western District regarding a recent judicial assistant opening (for which I am more than qualified), starting salary $3k more than I've been making. Lord, what a sweet gig that would be. I can kiss a judge's ass all day for the right amount of money and innumerable Mondays off.

Wish me luck. I need it.

I did find something to wear. A nice suit--short-sleeved belted jacket and crop pants--in navy with yellow and white pinstripe. I paired it with a yellow cami to match the pinstripes. Now I just need to hit Target tomorrow for some sort of undergarment that will, um, hold in all the baby lumps.

At any rate, I need some good news on the job front soon, because that's stress I don't need. Bob's been full of attitude since coming back from St. Louis. Yesterday he got sent to the office after lunch--turns out he hadn't been given his afternoon meds, and he was great after he got them, so I guess that's good. But today, he was hell on wheels this morning before the drugs kicked in, and he ended up being sent home early from after-school care. As a result, I've told him he's not going on the field trip tomorrow (roller skating) and will instead spend the morning doing chores at home. I'm letting him go to school in the afternoon, and how he does will determine whether or not he races tomorrow night.

We've been waiting for the other shoe to drop with him, and now I'm afraid this may be it. And I just don't think I'll be able to deal with it. Start another job, have to leave all the time to deal with his issues, get fired again--how many times am I going to have to do that?

In better news, my little piglet--who is not yet 3 weeks old, mind you--has gained a pound and a half. And grown an inch longer. Last night he ate at 10:00, went to sleep in his crib, and didn't wake up again until 4:30 this morning. (I woke up at 4:00, freaked out, and ran into his room to make sure he was still there. He was. But I have a sneaking suspicion he'd been out drinking beer with strippers and snuck back in through the window shortly before I awoke.) He's such a little sweetie...and hungry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home