Thursday, June 05, 2008

Alone at Last

Ben went back to work Monday morning. My mother came down to stay with us Sunday night, and she went back home yesterday evening. Bob left for Da Lou with db yesterday. So right now, it's just me and little G-man, who is presently taking a little morning nap while listening to the "Soundscapes" channel via Time Warner Cable.


All alone.


I admit, it was strangely nice to have my mother here for three days. My sister, her husband and their 2 year old daughter stopped by Tuesday evening to meet Moosebaby.


"So you want me to take Mom home?"


No, actually, she's been quite helpful.


(Pause.) "Really?"


My mother took over baby duty at night so that Ben and I could sleep without interruption. It was nice, very nice. After three nights of that, I almost feel human again. I think I'm caught up enough on sleep that I've lost that whole Britney Spears confused feeling. ("Huh?")


I'm fighting the urge to play "Supermom" and immediately start working us up to a strict schedule, wherein I start working from home (despite my telling Bosshole I would be taking no fewer than 4 weeks off entirely, period, the end) and working in home (keeping my house spotless and the laundry done and everything in between) and essentially losing the first several weeks of my baby's life. Which is exactly what I did with Bob. And I kick myself for it every day. Every day.


So I'm going to wrap this up now and go wake the little shit up so I can hold him and put him back to sleep.


5 Comments:

Blogger joansy said...

That sounds like a perfect plan. Have a great time!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

That's exactly what you're supposed to do!

Think of you often.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he is SO cute!!!!

9:57 AM  
Blogger MarciaAnn said...

Great plan of attack and OMG, can you hear that ... my biological clock's going off again. I keep having to tell myself, the boy's 17 in August, you're almost done!!!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Builder Mama said...

There's plenty of time for schedules and all that crap. Enjoy the boy while you can!

And yes, he is too cute. Way too cute.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home