This, That and the Other
It's not even 3:00 Monday afternoon, and already, I have two interviews scheduled for this week. The first is a Second Interview at Firm #2 from last week. The second is responsive to the resume I sent to Firm #3 last night, and for a job I'd be much more interested in, I think. I'll know more when I talk to them Wednesday afternoon, I suppose.
This means I have to get up reasonably early tomorrow morning. It also means I have to shell out more cash for a sitter. I'd better find a damn job quick because this is starting to get expensive.
And speaking of things that are expensive, we had the dude come look at our AC on Saturday morning. He said the central air unit is in good shape, but our furnace (and all the inner workings that also work with our AC) is shot. We knew this when we bought the house, but the thing did a great job of keeping us warm all winter, so we were hoping to avoid replacing it for a few more years. Alas, we're told this is likely not going to be the case. At any rate, the guy did the quick fix of tightening some line and recharging the system, to the tune of $175.
Shit Piss Hell.
Bob raced again last week, and again took 2nd place overall. This time, there were 8 kids in his class. He beat all but one of them. I'm thrilled that he's found something he's good at and that doesn't require him to be on a team or stand around in an outfield for hours or spend every night and weekend practicing for. Unfortunately, I think db has figured out that Bob's doing something without him (perish the thought) and is trying to weasel his way in. Bob asked Ben last night if dear old dad could come watch him race.
Hell. Fucking. No.
I wish it didn't have to be so. I wish db could come to Bob's races and keep a respectful distance and not try to force himself into our space. But it's never going to happen. We know that, and I think even Bob knows it. The only person who doesn't seem to know it is db. (Who, by the way, is almost 3 months behind on child support. Great guy, that one.)
So we will continue to operate with the hope db doesn't ever just show up one night at the track. And if he does, I will do everything in my power to make it a very unpleasant experience for him. (There is, after all, a "no contact" order in place, and he's on probation for assaulting me.)
Moosebaby continues to live up to his name by now consuming 4 ounces of formula every 3 hours. He turned 4 weeks old yesterday and it's just killing me. He's starting to stay awake for longer stretches during the day, and while I enjoy it, I already miss the sleepy newborn days when the little guy was less a person in his own right and more just an extension of me. But I try not to think about it too much, because if I do, I might cry.
This means I have to get up reasonably early tomorrow morning. It also means I have to shell out more cash for a sitter. I'd better find a damn job quick because this is starting to get expensive.
And speaking of things that are expensive, we had the dude come look at our AC on Saturday morning. He said the central air unit is in good shape, but our furnace (and all the inner workings that also work with our AC) is shot. We knew this when we bought the house, but the thing did a great job of keeping us warm all winter, so we were hoping to avoid replacing it for a few more years. Alas, we're told this is likely not going to be the case. At any rate, the guy did the quick fix of tightening some line and recharging the system, to the tune of $175.
Shit Piss Hell.
Bob raced again last week, and again took 2nd place overall. This time, there were 8 kids in his class. He beat all but one of them. I'm thrilled that he's found something he's good at and that doesn't require him to be on a team or stand around in an outfield for hours or spend every night and weekend practicing for. Unfortunately, I think db has figured out that Bob's doing something without him (perish the thought) and is trying to weasel his way in. Bob asked Ben last night if dear old dad could come watch him race.
Hell. Fucking. No.
I wish it didn't have to be so. I wish db could come to Bob's races and keep a respectful distance and not try to force himself into our space. But it's never going to happen. We know that, and I think even Bob knows it. The only person who doesn't seem to know it is db. (Who, by the way, is almost 3 months behind on child support. Great guy, that one.)
So we will continue to operate with the hope db doesn't ever just show up one night at the track. And if he does, I will do everything in my power to make it a very unpleasant experience for him. (There is, after all, a "no contact" order in place, and he's on probation for assaulting me.)
Moosebaby continues to live up to his name by now consuming 4 ounces of formula every 3 hours. He turned 4 weeks old yesterday and it's just killing me. He's starting to stay awake for longer stretches during the day, and while I enjoy it, I already miss the sleepy newborn days when the little guy was less a person in his own right and more just an extension of me. But I try not to think about it too much, because if I do, I might cry.

3 Comments:
Good luck with the interviews.
I can't believe it's already been 4 weeks. Damn that went fast.
Good luck with the interviews, a month's gone by already - get out of town and it looks like you were able to get the PO on db ... Woohoo!!
Hopefully you will land the job you want!! I am glad Bob is enjoying the racing.
Babies grow up too fast, huh?
Post a Comment
<< Home