Odds 'n' Ends
My mind, like my life, is all over the place. I saw an ad on t.v. earlier, wherein Nebraska Furniture Mart claims they have designers on hand to "design a room that fits your lifestyle." Holy Hell. That's just what I need--a room that embodies chaos. No, thanks.
I need to go to my "old" office tonight and clean out my crap. I suppose I don't really have to, but since my friend and the office receptionist, Melisa, has already started the task for me, it might look suspicious if I don't finish the job before the rest of the office arrives tomorrow morning. Ugh. I hate even thinking about it. I accummulate more shit in 3 years than most people do in a lifetime. But better to just get it done and get it over with.
Which brings me to something else I've been considering today--my return to work. The arrival of their formal offer letter in yesterday's mail has made the reality that yes, I will be returning to the working world three weeks from tomorrow, start to sink in. So in an effort to avoid the emotional aspect of that reality, I've been dealing with the logistics--i.e., the most time-efficient route to work, and what I call Child Taxiing. I live "north of the river," meaning we live on one side of the river and the major metropolitan area (where my new office is) sits on the other. There are really only three feasible bridges between here and there--one of which is due to close for construction relatively soon. Which means my commute is going to suck and there probably is no time-efficient way to go. But I'm going to do my damnedest to find one because traffic pisses me off. As for Child Taxiing, I think we've determined Ben will take care of delivering Moosebaby to his daytime locale, and I will drop Bob off at school before I get on the road. Obviously, this entire plan will probably require a couple of practice runs on various mornings.
I need to go to my "old" office tonight and clean out my crap. I suppose I don't really have to, but since my friend and the office receptionist, Melisa, has already started the task for me, it might look suspicious if I don't finish the job before the rest of the office arrives tomorrow morning. Ugh. I hate even thinking about it. I accummulate more shit in 3 years than most people do in a lifetime. But better to just get it done and get it over with.
Which brings me to something else I've been considering today--my return to work. The arrival of their formal offer letter in yesterday's mail has made the reality that yes, I will be returning to the working world three weeks from tomorrow, start to sink in. So in an effort to avoid the emotional aspect of that reality, I've been dealing with the logistics--i.e., the most time-efficient route to work, and what I call Child Taxiing. I live "north of the river," meaning we live on one side of the river and the major metropolitan area (where my new office is) sits on the other. There are really only three feasible bridges between here and there--one of which is due to close for construction relatively soon. Which means my commute is going to suck and there probably is no time-efficient way to go. But I'm going to do my damnedest to find one because traffic pisses me off. As for Child Taxiing, I think we've determined Ben will take care of delivering Moosebaby to his daytime locale, and I will drop Bob off at school before I get on the road. Obviously, this entire plan will probably require a couple of practice runs on various mornings.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home