Fruits and Nuts
First, an open letter to my friends at Target:
Dear People: Regarding your Archer Farms brand "premium dried Fruit Mix," made with dried plums, apricots, pears and apples, I have one tiny little request. Okay, two. First of all, can we just cut the crap and say "prunes?" You're not fooling anyone with the "dried plums" bit. They're prunes. And secondly, there are a lot of them. Like, the majority of the bag is prunes. I like prunes, but not that much. Certainly not as much as I like dried apricots, pears and apples. So more of one, less of the other, 'kay? That'd be great.
I got an email from Bob's teacher reporting on his day. So far, so good. And she said he had a really good morning, but he's starting to get less tolerant as the day wears on. She agrees with me that even though he's not quite where he was a few months ago, he's leaps and bounds better than he's been since mid-January. This is good news. Very good news. I've put in a call to the shrink's office, and will see if they will agree to a very slight increase in his dose to see how he fares between now and his appointment next week. Hopefully they'll give me more samples so I won't have to drop serious bank on a prescription, but if this shit ends up being The Shit That Works, I will sell my soul to pay for it. Without question.
Dear People: Regarding your Archer Farms brand "premium dried Fruit Mix," made with dried plums, apricots, pears and apples, I have one tiny little request. Okay, two. First of all, can we just cut the crap and say "prunes?" You're not fooling anyone with the "dried plums" bit. They're prunes. And secondly, there are a lot of them. Like, the majority of the bag is prunes. I like prunes, but not that much. Certainly not as much as I like dried apricots, pears and apples. So more of one, less of the other, 'kay? That'd be great.
I got an email from Bob's teacher reporting on his day. So far, so good. And she said he had a really good morning, but he's starting to get less tolerant as the day wears on. She agrees with me that even though he's not quite where he was a few months ago, he's leaps and bounds better than he's been since mid-January. This is good news. Very good news. I've put in a call to the shrink's office, and will see if they will agree to a very slight increase in his dose to see how he fares between now and his appointment next week. Hopefully they'll give me more samples so I won't have to drop serious bank on a prescription, but if this shit ends up being The Shit That Works, I will sell my soul to pay for it. Without question.

3 Comments:
"Dried plums" ha ha ha!
Glad to hear things are looking up for Bob!
I love prunes. Dried plums doesn't sound so good.
Bob seems to be doing great lately - good on him.
I don't like dried plums or prunes - either way they make my nose wrinkle, but I'd send a similar request to the Planter's folks and their Mixed Nuts ... ever try to find more than ONE Brazil nut - good luck.
On the Bob front, that's just GREAT news. We both know that the meds are just a part of the deprogramming, but until Bob's at a point where he can willingly listen and adapt, attempting to change behavior is futile. Akin to resisting the Borg.
Post a Comment
<< Home