Go Fish
It's almost 10 a.m. and I've managed to do very little so far this morning. Things are reaching a slow point in la officina these days. Bossman's catching up from his month off in June, cases are settling, some of our flakier clients are abandoning ship and firing us. This is typically the time of year when things slow down a bit, anyway--vacations are over, kids are back in school, everyone's back at work every day and basically counting the days til the company holiday party.
Normally I would appreciate this lull, but it's bugging the hell out of me these days. I feel like crap most of the time, and if I don't have shit to do, I'd much rather be doing nothing on my sofa. I spend the majority of my days alternately trying to find things to keep busy, or merely trying to look busy.
And on-line window shopping.
Which is how I found the CoCaLo "Go Fish" nursery ensemble and fell in love. I decided last week that fish will be the theme of Moosebaby's room--big, colorful fish. I had quite the fish fetish and resulting collection several years ago, but since I outgrew it, the collection has dwindled. The good news is, a lot of people are into fish now, and they're easier to come by. And I remember a lot of my fishy tricks, which will come in handy, because there's no way I can afford the entire Go Fish collection. I'm going to have to get creative.
Good thing winter's coming.
So as of today, we're in Week 10. Chugging toward the finish line of the first trimester. I am so fucking glad. I hate being pregnant in general, but the past 6 weeks have been the worst. I wasn't nearly so nauseous and exhausted with Bob as I have been this go-around. The last 3 months are awful, but I still maintain the first trimester is the worst--because you don't look pregnant, and you don't feel pregnant, you just feel sick. And feeling sick is no damn fun at all.
The good news is I won't be going back to court--not for a while, anyway. The attorneys and the judge had a conference call yesterday regarding whether or not to re-open evidence in light of db's recent bullshit. The judge opted to let sleeping douchebags lie for now, but was very clear in that he would happily re-open evidence and would happily order supervised visitation in the event db doesn't quit fucking around. So at least it seems the judge is well aware of where the problem lies in this scenario. Frankly, I'm glad. I really have no desire to haul my pregnant ass back into the witness chair and get browbeat by a two-bit small town lawyer again. Especially not with my fuse being short as it lately is.
Bob seems to be over his anger at me, at least. Last night he was downright pleasant. After dinner, he and Ben presented me with the cake my mother-in-law dropped off for me, and after having a few pieces, I left them to play some video games while I went for a walk. When I came back, Bob and I bowled a few frames, and played a game of tennis, and then it was bathtime. And he seemed genuinely happy to have me around for the first time in about a week. It was nice.
Is it lunchtime yet?
Normally I would appreciate this lull, but it's bugging the hell out of me these days. I feel like crap most of the time, and if I don't have shit to do, I'd much rather be doing nothing on my sofa. I spend the majority of my days alternately trying to find things to keep busy, or merely trying to look busy.
And on-line window shopping.
Which is how I found the CoCaLo "Go Fish" nursery ensemble and fell in love. I decided last week that fish will be the theme of Moosebaby's room--big, colorful fish. I had quite the fish fetish and resulting collection several years ago, but since I outgrew it, the collection has dwindled. The good news is, a lot of people are into fish now, and they're easier to come by. And I remember a lot of my fishy tricks, which will come in handy, because there's no way I can afford the entire Go Fish collection. I'm going to have to get creative.
Good thing winter's coming.
So as of today, we're in Week 10. Chugging toward the finish line of the first trimester. I am so fucking glad. I hate being pregnant in general, but the past 6 weeks have been the worst. I wasn't nearly so nauseous and exhausted with Bob as I have been this go-around. The last 3 months are awful, but I still maintain the first trimester is the worst--because you don't look pregnant, and you don't feel pregnant, you just feel sick. And feeling sick is no damn fun at all.
The good news is I won't be going back to court--not for a while, anyway. The attorneys and the judge had a conference call yesterday regarding whether or not to re-open evidence in light of db's recent bullshit. The judge opted to let sleeping douchebags lie for now, but was very clear in that he would happily re-open evidence and would happily order supervised visitation in the event db doesn't quit fucking around. So at least it seems the judge is well aware of where the problem lies in this scenario. Frankly, I'm glad. I really have no desire to haul my pregnant ass back into the witness chair and get browbeat by a two-bit small town lawyer again. Especially not with my fuse being short as it lately is.
Bob seems to be over his anger at me, at least. Last night he was downright pleasant. After dinner, he and Ben presented me with the cake my mother-in-law dropped off for me, and after having a few pieces, I left them to play some video games while I went for a walk. When I came back, Bob and I bowled a few frames, and played a game of tennis, and then it was bathtime. And he seemed genuinely happy to have me around for the first time in about a week. It was nice.
Is it lunchtime yet?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home