Let The Games Begin!
We got our copy of the judgment entry modifying child custody in Saturday's mail. Oh, happy day. We took turns reading it and giggling.
Oh, but the fun has (apparently) just begun.
Today, I get this gem from db, under the re: line "for your information":
Tuesday I have a teacher conference with Mrs.Teacher at 7:00 pm. Since I have not seen Bob on his birthday in 2 years I will coming to your home at 6:30 pm to give his birthday card in person. If you choose not to answer the door or not be home that is your choice, not in the best interest of Bob. So I will see what happens at that time.
To which I replied:
Given the circumstances of the past several years, I do not agree with this. There is no reason for you to come to our home at any time. You will see Bob on Wednesday evening--I don't think he's going to be too upset to get his birthday card the day after his birthday. Please do not come to my house, as we will not be home.
Then I sent him a reminder that he is to provide me with the dates he wants for his 3-day winter break with Bob, via certified mail, on or before 11/1/07. To which he did not respond, but instead, sent this:
(Re: Medical Information) You will provide me with this information. All medical personal that Bob has seen, Name, Address and Phone number, with in 12 hours. If I do not receive this information in a timely manner we will be back in court.
I sent a reply with pertinent names, addresses, and phone numbers. Then I get this:
Now I want the dates he was seen and the reasons.
Oh, come on. I replied with "Not only do I not have the time to provide you with that information, it is (1) irrelevant and (2) not a requirement pursuant to the 10/15/07 order." And got this in response:
Give me this information within 12 hours or we will be back in court.
Um...whatever, bitchfucker. I'm not going to even attempt to win a pissing contest with a prick of your caliber. I didn't reply to this one, and don't intend to. So I guess if he wants to call his lawyer/cousin at 3:00 this morning (when my "12 hours" expires), that's his choice. Suffice to say, I am in no violation of the order, and I'm sure even his dumbass lawyer/cousin will advise him of such--assuming he doesn't just hang up on his stupid ass first.
To make matters worse, my wonderful, fantastic, fabulous husband, without whom I would be nothing, is not helping at all in this respect. His answer to db's first stupidmail is not to join Bob and me for a celebratory birthday dinner (out), but to stay home and confront db and let him know just how sick of his bullshit we collectively are. While I certainly understand my darling husband's point and frustration and anger and downright loathing of db, I also understand db is crazy in the literal sense of the word, has (in his mind) nothing left to lose, and probably wouldn't think twice about killing us both, taking Bob, and disappearing to Canada (or as close to the border as his shitty vehicle would get him--so maybe Iowa). I also understand that a verbal or, God forbid, physical altercation would only fuel his fire and escalate the situation all the more. And dammit, I don't want to raise TWO fucking kids on my own.
Which makes me pause to point out the irony that the general male concensus is that women are ruled by their emotions and are unable to act logically in the face of adversity and stress. Really, fellas? Really? We're the ones who are overly emotional? And act not on good judgment but on emotional impulse? Really? Isn't rage an emotion?
Whatever.
We did throw a kickass birthday party for the Bob yesterday. (Yes, a Sunday. And while it was nice to have Saturday to prepare, next year I'll just take Friday off and do the party Saturday, because there is no injustice like getting a shitload of presents on Sunday and having to leave them all Monday morning to go to school. So I've been informed by my darling son.) My pulled pork was damn fabulous, and my cake even turned out pretty damned good--three layers (and 3 cans of frosting) of delicious cakey goodness. Bob was even impressed with my mad baking skillz. Go, me.
But I think I've determined 25 people in our house is just too many at once. Either separate family gatherings are in order, or I need to start bumping off some siblings...
Oh, but the fun has (apparently) just begun.
Today, I get this gem from db, under the re: line "for your information":
Tuesday I have a teacher conference with Mrs.Teacher at 7:00 pm. Since I have not seen Bob on his birthday in 2 years I will coming to your home at 6:30 pm to give his birthday card in person. If you choose not to answer the door or not be home that is your choice, not in the best interest of Bob. So I will see what happens at that time.
To which I replied:
Given the circumstances of the past several years, I do not agree with this. There is no reason for you to come to our home at any time. You will see Bob on Wednesday evening--I don't think he's going to be too upset to get his birthday card the day after his birthday. Please do not come to my house, as we will not be home.
Then I sent him a reminder that he is to provide me with the dates he wants for his 3-day winter break with Bob, via certified mail, on or before 11/1/07. To which he did not respond, but instead, sent this:
(Re: Medical Information) You will provide me with this information. All medical personal that Bob has seen, Name, Address and Phone number, with in 12 hours. If I do not receive this information in a timely manner we will be back in court.
I sent a reply with pertinent names, addresses, and phone numbers. Then I get this:
Now I want the dates he was seen and the reasons.
Oh, come on. I replied with "Not only do I not have the time to provide you with that information, it is (1) irrelevant and (2) not a requirement pursuant to the 10/15/07 order." And got this in response:
Give me this information within 12 hours or we will be back in court.
Um...whatever, bitchfucker. I'm not going to even attempt to win a pissing contest with a prick of your caliber. I didn't reply to this one, and don't intend to. So I guess if he wants to call his lawyer/cousin at 3:00 this morning (when my "12 hours" expires), that's his choice. Suffice to say, I am in no violation of the order, and I'm sure even his dumbass lawyer/cousin will advise him of such--assuming he doesn't just hang up on his stupid ass first.
To make matters worse, my wonderful, fantastic, fabulous husband, without whom I would be nothing, is not helping at all in this respect. His answer to db's first stupidmail is not to join Bob and me for a celebratory birthday dinner (out), but to stay home and confront db and let him know just how sick of his bullshit we collectively are. While I certainly understand my darling husband's point and frustration and anger and downright loathing of db, I also understand db is crazy in the literal sense of the word, has (in his mind) nothing left to lose, and probably wouldn't think twice about killing us both, taking Bob, and disappearing to Canada (or as close to the border as his shitty vehicle would get him--so maybe Iowa). I also understand that a verbal or, God forbid, physical altercation would only fuel his fire and escalate the situation all the more. And dammit, I don't want to raise TWO fucking kids on my own.
Which makes me pause to point out the irony that the general male concensus is that women are ruled by their emotions and are unable to act logically in the face of adversity and stress. Really, fellas? Really? We're the ones who are overly emotional? And act not on good judgment but on emotional impulse? Really? Isn't rage an emotion?
Whatever.
We did throw a kickass birthday party for the Bob yesterday. (Yes, a Sunday. And while it was nice to have Saturday to prepare, next year I'll just take Friday off and do the party Saturday, because there is no injustice like getting a shitload of presents on Sunday and having to leave them all Monday morning to go to school. So I've been informed by my darling son.) My pulled pork was damn fabulous, and my cake even turned out pretty damned good--three layers (and 3 cans of frosting) of delicious cakey goodness. Bob was even impressed with my mad baking skillz. Go, me.
But I think I've determined 25 people in our house is just too many at once. Either separate family gatherings are in order, or I need to start bumping off some siblings...

3 Comments:
I think you may have accidentally included the real name of your son in your post. Just a heads up so that db can't track your website down.
Oh dear, I think somebody might be feeling a little sad the judge went again him!! Given the fact you now have sole custody are you in fact under obligation to answer his e-mails at all? Even moreso, why not change your e-mail address so it just stops? I don't know the legal system out there so am struggling to understand how he keeps hassling you even after you have custody - enlighten me!!
thanks for the heads up, anon.
Post a Comment
<< Home