Saturday, October 20, 2007

Damn You, Buildermama

Buildermama tagged me for some "seven random things about myself" meme. I'm not even cool enough to know what "meme" means, but if it will keep her from showing her boobs to me, I'll play along. (But I'm not tagging anyone because everyone I know in the blogoverse has probably already been tagged. Pbbbbttt.)

The Heavy Seven:

1. Like Buildermama, I, too, can play the violin. At least, I used to be able to. But I haven't touched one in closer to 20 years, and I'd be afraid to even try now. As I spent the better part of three years as first chair in my class, the fact I dropped it has caused my parents much despair, as well.

2. I also used to be able to decorate a helluva cake. Back in the day, my mom used to be one of those class-taking moms, and one of the classes she took was a Wilton cake-decorating class. I picked up the book and the practice mat and the parchment and the buttercream and taught myself how to do it. And I kicked ass. My roses were okay, but my clowns were kickass. I haven't, however, decorated a cake since high school, a fact made painfully obvious by the cake I made tonight for Bob's birthday party tomorrow.

3. The only hard core drugs I've ever done are pot and acid. Pot made me ultra-paranoid and was basically just a sucky experience every time I tried it. Acid I only did once, and though I didn't get any fun cool visuals, I spent the evening thinking about how everyone hated me and what horrible manner in which I would most likely die. Then I got to spend the entire next day at my awful job at KMart, a week before Xmas. Yeah...never did acid again.

4. I am severely anal about my surroundings. I like my house to look like no one really lives there.

5. My favorite holidays, in order of most to least, are: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, New Year's.

6. I hate jeans. I don't think they're comfortable and I miss the days I could wear a prairie skirt and leggings and get away with it.

7. I'm afraid of my fireplace. For real. I want to light up those gas logs and see how they burn, but I'm afraid of having to put our homeowner's policy to use.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tanaya said...

I totally agree about the jeans. It has become my mission to find a pair that look decent and not cut off all circulation. And the gas fireplace...scare the shit out me, too, but I knew somebody who had a bad, bad experience.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Builder Mama said...

Aaah, well done. You are now off mandatory-boob-observation.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home