I was in no mood to get out of bed this morning. Unfortunately, neither was Bob. It's bad enough when either a parent or a child is not a morning person--it's mortal combat when both parent and child are not morning people. Luckily, we managed to get out the door with minimal bloodshed, and the boy appeared to have happied the hell up by the time we got to school. Even said "good morning" to the teacher he hates. Whaddaya know.
I've sucked down half a DP hoping the caffeine will jump-start my brain, but it's not working. I really wanted an iced coffee, and I curse Dunkin Donuts for abandoning the greater KC metropolitan area. (Damn You, DD...Damn You.)
Anyway...the stupid doctor's office still hasn't called with the results of Friday's blood test--gee, good thing I wasn't seriously waiting for an answer!--but the dermatologist's office did call to schedule a consultation for The Evil Mole Removal. (I have an unsightly mole on my armpit that I'm ready to be rid of once and for all after about 20+ years of shaving around it.) The GAL has emailed me back that she will gladly accept a partial payment of her remaining fees with the balance due after we close on the house (phew). So now my primary dilemma is...
Painting the master bedroom when we move.
I've bought this for the bed:
The plan is to paint two walls a light blue and two walls darker brown. The question now becomes--which two walls? I want the two walls to be touching (not opposite each other), and I'll have more brown paint to work with than blue. So the north wall (against which the headboard will rest) will likely be brown. So should the east wall or west wall be blue? The east wall has the windows, the west wall has the closets. The curtain will be blue, but the blinds will either be a white honeycomb shade or brown wood miniblinds. And the headboard--it's metal, so what color should it be? And what about our (now white) furniture? Paint it, too, or leave it white?
I need a gay boyfriend. STAT.
4 Comments:
I would paint the wall that has the window brown. That way it won't make the room too dark. In other words, having the opposite wall blue will reflect the light from the window, making it lighter. Brown tends to darken a room but if the brown is 'backlit' with the window it should be fine. By the way, I love brown and blue together. About the furniture? Can't answer that, but what's wrong with leaving it the way it is?
Who am I? I have been reading your blog for some time now and don't even remember how I found it.
The bedding is lovely. I like the mix of brown and blue - I've been thinking about doing my lounge in those colours for a while. I wouldn't do two and two though - I'd highlight just the main wall with the brown and do the other three blue. The brown could go behind the bed so the bedding contrasts with it. I like Cheyenne's idea of doing it on the window wall too. Then on the blue walls maybe hang some pictures/shelves in brown materials to compliment it.
Hope the mole removal goes OK. I bow down to you shaving around that bitch - I'd have used a cream for fear of slicing the bugger off!
Your doctor's office didn't give you results while you waited there? Where they waiting for the rabbit to die? I found out the results my blood test within 15 minutes...
You are funny! I just started reading your blog today.
Post a Comment
<< Home