Blah
That pretty much sums up how I've felt all weekend.
I don't know if it's the heat, our lack of disposable cash, the shock of four days without Bob underfoot, the whole "in transition" feeling that comes when you know you're leaving one place for another but not for a whole 54 more days, or all of the above. We have been lame, lame, lame this weekend.
I caught a little momentum yesterday with my painting project, but once that was done, I was pretty much sacked. I don't know if it was the repetitive motion of moving a spray can back and forth or what, but again, something in my neck/upper back/shoulder area caused my entire left arm to ache something awful all evening. And I was tired as hell. I laid on the sofa while Ben cooked dinner, and then I could hardly eat anything (I finished my steak, but only about a third of my corn on the cob and none of the green beans). Around 7:30, I told Ben "come on, let's go for a walk" because we were both just laying there, bored and sluggish. We went for a walk, and then returned to the couch.
This morning, I was awake at 8:00. Ben got up and made "big breakfast," then I went for a spin around the neighborhood on my bike. And scored a headboard. I rounded our corner and saw it--metal painted fire-engine red--and thought "how excellent for Bob's room." The homeowner happened to be hauling more stuff to the curb, so I asked if I could take it, and he said "sure." Only after I brought it inside did I realize it's a full size headboard, not a twin. Damn. Oh, well--a coat of white paint, and Ben and I will have a headboard, instead. (Still, I'd have rather it would have fit Bob's bed. I suppose we could give him the full bed in our basement, but he has more space in his room with a twin bed.)
After that, we went to Ben's parents' house to swim. But once we got there, all I really wanted to do was lie next to the pool. We were there a couple of hours and then came home. Now I'm sitting here in the office and Ben's taking a nap.
This weekend of R'n'R is wearing me the fuck out.
I don't know if it's the heat, our lack of disposable cash, the shock of four days without Bob underfoot, the whole "in transition" feeling that comes when you know you're leaving one place for another but not for a whole 54 more days, or all of the above. We have been lame, lame, lame this weekend.
I caught a little momentum yesterday with my painting project, but once that was done, I was pretty much sacked. I don't know if it was the repetitive motion of moving a spray can back and forth or what, but again, something in my neck/upper back/shoulder area caused my entire left arm to ache something awful all evening. And I was tired as hell. I laid on the sofa while Ben cooked dinner, and then I could hardly eat anything (I finished my steak, but only about a third of my corn on the cob and none of the green beans). Around 7:30, I told Ben "come on, let's go for a walk" because we were both just laying there, bored and sluggish. We went for a walk, and then returned to the couch.
This morning, I was awake at 8:00. Ben got up and made "big breakfast," then I went for a spin around the neighborhood on my bike. And scored a headboard. I rounded our corner and saw it--metal painted fire-engine red--and thought "how excellent for Bob's room." The homeowner happened to be hauling more stuff to the curb, so I asked if I could take it, and he said "sure." Only after I brought it inside did I realize it's a full size headboard, not a twin. Damn. Oh, well--a coat of white paint, and Ben and I will have a headboard, instead. (Still, I'd have rather it would have fit Bob's bed. I suppose we could give him the full bed in our basement, but he has more space in his room with a twin bed.)
After that, we went to Ben's parents' house to swim. But once we got there, all I really wanted to do was lie next to the pool. We were there a couple of hours and then came home. Now I'm sitting here in the office and Ben's taking a nap.
This weekend of R'n'R is wearing me the fuck out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home