Beauty Hurts
Now I remember why I was so, so glad when those stupid ass plastic headbands went out of style sometime in the mid-80s. Either I have an oddly-shaped head, or my pals at Goody are a bunch of sadists. No matter how long I leave the plastic torture devices stretched out over various objects, they still clamp down on my skull with enough force to make me see stars within 20 minutes. But it's been a long time, so I foolishly picked one up at Target this weekend. It's very cute, and a very good solution to a bad hair problem. But it's only 9:21 a.m. and I've already had to rip the thing off to give my head a breather. And I can't wear the fabric ones, either, because they spend the day gradually sliding up the back of my head until they just fling themselves off in some sort of wierd hair accessory escape attempt.
As if it weren't enough that I'm wearing a skirt that was considerably longer last summer (either it shrunk or my ass grew), now I've got headband hair and no headband. Great. I feel pretty.
Still no word yet on the house. I'm starting to wonder which bank representative in California I need to blow to get the ball rolling on this. As much as I want that place, I'd really just rather know one way or another so we can all get on with our lives.
I got up early again this morning, but not early enough to ride, so I did step aerobics in my living room. 6:45 am is way, way too early to listen to that perky bitch on the DVD. "Give me those knees!" Get a little closer, hag, and I'll give you those knees. Oh, yes.
I'm tired and I'm crabby. I'm ready for some shit to start happening, and I want it to start NOW.
As if it weren't enough that I'm wearing a skirt that was considerably longer last summer (either it shrunk or my ass grew), now I've got headband hair and no headband. Great. I feel pretty.
Still no word yet on the house. I'm starting to wonder which bank representative in California I need to blow to get the ball rolling on this. As much as I want that place, I'd really just rather know one way or another so we can all get on with our lives.
I got up early again this morning, but not early enough to ride, so I did step aerobics in my living room. 6:45 am is way, way too early to listen to that perky bitch on the DVD. "Give me those knees!" Get a little closer, hag, and I'll give you those knees. Oh, yes.
I'm tired and I'm crabby. I'm ready for some shit to start happening, and I want it to start NOW.

2 Comments:
I think I have the exact same shaped head as you. I laughed out loud with absolute recognition of your headband troubles and escaping accessories.
I know exactly how you feel regarding the headbands - I've been through the same thing. Ouch!
When you buy a bank owned property, the whole process takes much longer from start to finish. Generally the banks will collect all offers until a certain date, then decide which to take. Your agent should be able to get some feedback from someone at the bank, though, as to what that cutoff date is. Bank owned properties can be great deals, but the work involved in buying one is enough to scare many people off.
Good luck!! :)
Kim
Post a Comment
<< Home