Worth a Thousand Words
It started with this picture.
Nothing spectacular, just a snapshot taken by my mother-in-law at her house after a day spent swimming. It was, of course, the only photo of Bob in an emailed album titled "Bob and Moosebaby," which I found worth a chuckle. (How we always feel compelled to throw in the older kids, as if to suggest "you still matter," when in fact it's all about the baby.)
Anyway, I opened up the album, hit "slide show," and was stunned by what I saw.
Like I said, it's not a spectacular photo. He's not doing anything out of the ordinary. But something about his face, or the way he's standing, or just something in his eyes--it was like looking at that photo, I could see for the first time the older boy, the man he will become, sooner than later.
And I'm just not sure how I feel about that right now.
So for the moment, I'll just show you the picture. (And of course, a few of Moosebaby--duh.)


By the way--if you double-click on the pictures, I think you can see a bigger version--then you can see what I mean.
Nothing spectacular, just a snapshot taken by my mother-in-law at her house after a day spent swimming. It was, of course, the only photo of Bob in an emailed album titled "Bob and Moosebaby," which I found worth a chuckle. (How we always feel compelled to throw in the older kids, as if to suggest "you still matter," when in fact it's all about the baby.)
Anyway, I opened up the album, hit "slide show," and was stunned by what I saw.
Like I said, it's not a spectacular photo. He's not doing anything out of the ordinary. But something about his face, or the way he's standing, or just something in his eyes--it was like looking at that photo, I could see for the first time the older boy, the man he will become, sooner than later.
And I'm just not sure how I feel about that right now.
So for the moment, I'll just show you the picture. (And of course, a few of Moosebaby--duh.)


By the way--if you double-click on the pictures, I think you can see a bigger version--then you can see what I mean.

3 Comments:
yep. i see what you are talking about.
regarding your job, i know this is easy for me to say because i don't have a family to help support...but i would leave the job and find another one. the overtime is not worth it at this point. at least, that is my 2cents.
Hey there ... it's nice to see pics of the kids ... Bob's looking very wise in that picture, a bit mischievous, but knowing ... and when I clicked on the pic to see the bigger pic ... the name of the pic shows up and Bob's true identity with it ... FYI
I hope you had a great weekend, mine was spent nursing a possible broken toe thanks to an almost full bottle of A-1 Sauce dropping from the refrigerator door onto said toe!
I love his little face!
Post a Comment
<< Home