Saturday, February 02, 2008

Never Trust a Therapist Who Doesn't Have a Therapist

So Ben and I met with the therapist assigned to Bob yesterday afternoon, and my suspicions were confirmed.

Sometimes I hate being right all the time.

Apparently this fucking tool took every word out of db's mouth at face value. He chastised Ben and I for "yelling and screaming" at Bob all the time--an accusation straight from db, which he has made on numerous occasions and which is simply not true. He told us there is no "magic pill" we can give Bob to make him behave (which we are well aware of, and which db has accused me for the past two years of thinking). He lectured me about how Bob will never improve if the conflict between db and I continues. (No shit, Sherlock.)

We asked him if he'd bothered to read the judgment entry. He put his hands up and said "oh, no--I don't even want to get into that." Ben told him, "I understand you want to remain impartial, but really--it would be a good thing for you to have some background on the situation."

To say the least. There's a reason db lost his legal custody rights. Several reasons, in fact. But this fucker took the word of the non-custodial parent for gospel before he'd even met us face to face. And that's just complete and utter bullshit.

We had our visit with Bob after we met with that asshole, and afterward, the asshole expressed how glad he was it had gone so well. Indeed, he seemed nothing less than shocked and surprised that Bob wanted anything to do with either of us.

Unfuckingreal.

I was, and am, pissed. Especially after we got home and Ben told me that, while I'd been in the restroom, the "therapist" had told him that he doesn't really like to work with kids, because he doesn't have the patience, and that he prefers working with adults. Then what the fuck are you doing in a children's hospital, you piece of shit???

Today, I called around noon to check on Bob and was told he was doing fine, but that he'd been asking to call me most of the morning. (Then why wasn't he allowed to do so?) I talked to him, and assured him I'd be there this evening.

I was there shortly before 6:00. We played a game, played with Play-Doh (gotta love Play-Doh), and started working on a puzzle. About that time, Bob started asking me why he couldn't come home today. He started laying the guilt on pretty thick, until I finally said we'd already discussed it, and started ignoring it. When he figured out I wasn't going to argue, he dropped it, and we got through the rest of our time together without any tears or blowups or arguing. I guess that's progress.

God, I want him home so bad. It didn't really hit me until a little while ago. To know he's in bed asleep somewhere...just not here. It's killing me.

Monday morning, I will call and demand a different therapist be assigned to him. I will also insist on some sort of information as to when Bob will be discharged. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting the run around, and that just won't do. Never fuck with a pregnant woman. Especially one who's not getting enough sleep.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mitzi,
Absolflippinlutely call Monday morning and demand a new therapist. What utter bs that this so called therapist didn't even bother to read the courts documents, etc...I would have lost my mind. If at all possible I would demand a meeting A.S.A.P to address the change in therapists for Bob, even today. Hang in there,it will get better. What a manipulative f*** your ex is and too think that moron therapist let him fool him.
Joan

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, call Monday, talk to whomever's in charge, explain things, POINT out the comment the therapist made to Ben, that's absoeffinglutely so WRONG. It's funny what some people who hold so much in the balance of a young child's life don't really care.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Ben and Bob.

Marcia

8:17 AM  
Blogger joansy said...

What complete bullshit. It seems like the psych should want as much information as possible: from you, from the court docs, from Bob's teachers, etc. There's no way that he can make a valid assessment after a few minutes of observation of Bob and db. I hope tomorrow does well.

I'm confused about db getting a jury trial. I thought that he was appealing from the lower court judgment. Isn't that heard by a judge?

6:42 PM  
Blogger Mitzi Green said...

joansy, he filed an app for trial de novo, so he has the option of requesting a jury trial. it's bs--welcome to missouri.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home