It's Done
He was admitted last night at 7:00 pm.
I feel like the absolute worst kind of traitor.
I know I'm doing the right thing for him, and that makes it slightly easier--but that feels like saying, "the topical anesthetic makes it slightly less traumatic that they've cut off my arm with a hacksaw."
I don't think I've cried this much since...well, ever.
I feel like the absolute worst kind of traitor.
I know I'm doing the right thing for him, and that makes it slightly easier--but that feels like saying, "the topical anesthetic makes it slightly less traumatic that they've cut off my arm with a hacksaw."
I don't think I've cried this much since...well, ever.

10 Comments:
I have been reading your blog for a while now -- have never commented. What a rough time for you and yours. Hang in there, it seems like you did the exact right thing for your son.
Joanie
I feel so much for you. I can't imagine how you must be feeling. Any word on how he did last night? It sounds like you made the right decision though I'm sure it was hell. I hope he gets the help that he needs there. Almost as much as I hope that db gets hit by a bus as it's clear that he's the source of the problem. Fucker.
You are making the right decision for him. I can't imagine how you must be feeling. My heart goes out to you. Hugs.
My hugs, my thoughts, and my prayers are with you, honey. Hang in there. You're doing what's best for Bob. Even though it's putting you through hell.
Big hugs, thoughts, prayers and PVs for you and Bob.
I'm so so sorry. I've often feared that I might have to face the same choice some day. Sometimes knowing you are doing the right thing isn't worth a hill of beans, I know.
My heart goes out to you both.
My heart also goes out to you. I hope your son gets the help he needs and db gets a major kick in the ass somehow someway. My thoughts are with you!
Mitzi ... again, keep in your heart you're really doing what's best for Bob. 1) they would not have admitted him if there wasn't a real need 2) while there he can get the 24/7 attention deprogramming he needs, coming from someone who's only vested interest in Bob is Bob, not someone (read db) trying to sway Bob with words that "could" be true if spun correctly.
Being in the law profession, we both know those of the criminal persuasion can spin an event to put them in the best light, as db does continuously with Bob. He's a very impressionable young child who probably wants his dad's love and affection more than he realizes. db, as those of the criminal persuasion are want to do, is exploiting that for all it's worth to make it appear that you are failing.
Let me make this clear - you are NOT failing. You have been the little dutch boy, plugging holes to the best of your ability when, in fact, you needed the Army Corps to fix the dam.
Make sure Ben holds you extra for us here in the ether. Visit Bob as much as you can, don't be afraid to push for info from the hospital when you get "status quo" reports, if you feel that there could be something more.
Also, as you know, befriend the nurses and staff, if you're approachable to them, they're more likely to speak to you as a human - you know, it's easier to speak directly to opposing counsel's assistant than directly asking O.C!
All my love and prayers,
Marcia
Wishing you, Bob, and Ben lots of strength...
I have no idea how you must be feeling right now, but I truly believe you've done the right thing. Hang in there. I hope Bob gets all the help possible through this and you and Ben too.
((HUGS))
Post a Comment
<< Home