Throwdown
The gloves, it would appear, are off.
Last week (as I may or may not have mentioned, I don't remember and I'm too lazy to go back and look), db emailed me with a bunch of asinine questions concerning how and when Bob gets to and from school. In the same email, he pointed out his spewing of Bob's checkered past to the teacher during back-to-school night and openly wondered why I hadn't bothered to tell her all about Bob's issues already?
The last part of that email had me seeing red to the point I think it may have been blood flowing into my eyes from a burst blood vessel in my head somewhere. I didn't respond. Period. I couldn't, because everytime I saw his words, the only words I was capable of forming consisted of four letters or less. So I just ignored it.
He re-sent it yesterday. I ignored it again.
He re-sent it again today, with the additional message "JUST ANSWER THE QUESTIONS!!!" (oooooh--three exclamation marks! He must mean business!)
So I responded, first that I didn't appreciate the tone of the email. Second that his questions weren't questions about school, but were in fact questions about our family's schedule, which I don't believe is any of his damn business. I did advise him that yes, there is a before- and after-school program, and Bob is enrolled in it. Oh, and db's even familiar with the teachers, because one teaches part-time at Bob's old preschool (which he hates) and one sends her kid there. (I realize this was "extra" information he didn't really need, but I couldn't help myself. Knowing Bob is still hanging with the evil preschool people is 100% guaranteed to piss him off.)
His response was something stupid about how he doesn't care what I appreciate, that there's a court order that I "can't fuckin abide by" and that until I start abiding by said court order, he will continue to ask me questions and "you WILL answer them!"
Really, db? Really?
My answer was something along the lines of my not answering any further emails unless they contained specific, legitimate inquiries and were free of misspelled expletives. To which he so eloquently responded, in true db fashion:
"FUCK OFF!!!"
(again, THREE exclamation points!)
Um, yeah. Didn't answer that one. But I did print it off, just in case we go back to court at some point and he neglects to include that one in the stack of emails he submits into evidence.
I also printed off the one he sent about 20 minutes later, which read "I'll keep this simple so even a retard can understand it. How does (Bob) get to school in the morning?" (Didn't respond to this one, either. I'm still trying to figure out why I should respond just because he can understand it.)
Fucking idiot.
I guess now that trial is over, he figures he can do and say whatever he pleases. And I suppose there's not a lot I can do about it. I will say that if things continue in this vein, I'll be wasting another morning at the courthouse getting another restraining order on the dumbshit. I WILL NOT!!! be subjected to his ongoing special blend of stupidity and abuse. He can suck my ass.

Pretty much says it all, don't it?
Last week (as I may or may not have mentioned, I don't remember and I'm too lazy to go back and look), db emailed me with a bunch of asinine questions concerning how and when Bob gets to and from school. In the same email, he pointed out his spewing of Bob's checkered past to the teacher during back-to-school night and openly wondered why I hadn't bothered to tell her all about Bob's issues already?
The last part of that email had me seeing red to the point I think it may have been blood flowing into my eyes from a burst blood vessel in my head somewhere. I didn't respond. Period. I couldn't, because everytime I saw his words, the only words I was capable of forming consisted of four letters or less. So I just ignored it.
He re-sent it yesterday. I ignored it again.
He re-sent it again today, with the additional message "JUST ANSWER THE QUESTIONS!!!" (oooooh--three exclamation marks! He must mean business!)
So I responded, first that I didn't appreciate the tone of the email. Second that his questions weren't questions about school, but were in fact questions about our family's schedule, which I don't believe is any of his damn business. I did advise him that yes, there is a before- and after-school program, and Bob is enrolled in it. Oh, and db's even familiar with the teachers, because one teaches part-time at Bob's old preschool (which he hates) and one sends her kid there. (I realize this was "extra" information he didn't really need, but I couldn't help myself. Knowing Bob is still hanging with the evil preschool people is 100% guaranteed to piss him off.)
His response was something stupid about how he doesn't care what I appreciate, that there's a court order that I "can't fuckin abide by" and that until I start abiding by said court order, he will continue to ask me questions and "you WILL answer them!"
Really, db? Really?
My answer was something along the lines of my not answering any further emails unless they contained specific, legitimate inquiries and were free of misspelled expletives. To which he so eloquently responded, in true db fashion:
"FUCK OFF!!!"
(again, THREE exclamation points!)
Um, yeah. Didn't answer that one. But I did print it off, just in case we go back to court at some point and he neglects to include that one in the stack of emails he submits into evidence.
I also printed off the one he sent about 20 minutes later, which read "I'll keep this simple so even a retard can understand it. How does (Bob) get to school in the morning?" (Didn't respond to this one, either. I'm still trying to figure out why I should respond just because he can understand it.)
Fucking idiot.
I guess now that trial is over, he figures he can do and say whatever he pleases. And I suppose there's not a lot I can do about it. I will say that if things continue in this vein, I'll be wasting another morning at the courthouse getting another restraining order on the dumbshit. I WILL NOT!!! be subjected to his ongoing special blend of stupidity and abuse. He can suck my ass.

Pretty much says it all, don't it?

5 Comments:
What.
An.
ASSWIPE!!!!!!!!!!
(TEN exclamation points)
Well done. I hope he does not continue in this vein for long, and I'm sorry you're having to deal with it.
The best thing you can do with his emails (aside from printing a second copy to burn (the first copy going in the db is an asshole file for court production)) is to ignore them as you have been. Or very calm, nice, non-inflamtory responses (as you have been), stating what you've already stated. Unless he has a legitimate question relating to Bob, you will not be responding to further emails, no matter how many and how threatening they appear.
WTF, why does he need to know HOW Bob gets to school? It's 1 of 2 things ... you (or Ben) drop him off or he takes the bus. I am 100% sure you do not let him walk to school by himself or ride his bike, because that would be - um - WRONG and you don't strike me a someone who would just let Bob fledge from the nest like that while he's so young!
I applaud your restraint and will power to not fall prey to his button pushing. You're doing a great job, even though I know (from having to deal with my own ex db) that you want to so eloquently flame him in a scathing email that is so exquisitly written he won't even know you're putting him down and talking over his head, but anyone with 1/2 a brain who read your reply would laugh at how pathetic he really is.
I think you're on the right track that if the emails continue, a PFH is in order - if you can get one.
Good luck and keep on keeping on.
Marcia
I'm thinking 2 things - one ignore all emails as you are doing or when he asks stupid questions that are none of his business ask him a question that he will think is none of yours. Then see if he answers. I do that with my son's father and it usually shuts him right up and if he gets pissy I just say don't ask me ?'s if you won't answer ?'s yourself!
His level of stupidity never ceases to amaze me.
Post a Comment
<< Home