1 Down; 3,479 To Go*
*3,480=approx. number of days a child will attend school from K-12
We made it through the first day. No one died (that I'm aware of), no one was seriously injured (that I'm aware of), and there were no notes in Bob's take home folder that said anything to the tune of "please find alternate educational arrangements for your devil child." All that is good news.
Bob apparently enjoyed himself, because he was looking forward to his return. He was also apparently exhausted, because he was a complete little dick all evening. But he went to bed a few minutes early and slept til damn near 8:00 this morning, so that confirms the cause of his attitude.
Tomorrow morning, we go back to court. Well, I do--Ben's got major work-related shitstorms to weather, so I told him he was excused. We're only booked for the morning, which I'm hoping means we'll have a decision from the judge by noon. The ad litem is recommending I get sole legal custody and that db get visitation on Wednesday evenings from 4-8pm, and every other weekend from 6pm Friday to 6pm Sunday. Fair enough. I'm not thrilled about the every Wednesday bullshit, but if that's what it takes to get the judge to think favorably of the arrangement, so be it.
I just want this shit to be over and done with. At least for a while, until db raises the funds and finds a lawyer stupid enough to appeal the decision.
We made it through the first day. No one died (that I'm aware of), no one was seriously injured (that I'm aware of), and there were no notes in Bob's take home folder that said anything to the tune of "please find alternate educational arrangements for your devil child." All that is good news.
Bob apparently enjoyed himself, because he was looking forward to his return. He was also apparently exhausted, because he was a complete little dick all evening. But he went to bed a few minutes early and slept til damn near 8:00 this morning, so that confirms the cause of his attitude.
Tomorrow morning, we go back to court. Well, I do--Ben's got major work-related shitstorms to weather, so I told him he was excused. We're only booked for the morning, which I'm hoping means we'll have a decision from the judge by noon. The ad litem is recommending I get sole legal custody and that db get visitation on Wednesday evenings from 4-8pm, and every other weekend from 6pm Friday to 6pm Sunday. Fair enough. I'm not thrilled about the every Wednesday bullshit, but if that's what it takes to get the judge to think favorably of the arrangement, so be it.
I just want this shit to be over and done with. At least for a while, until db raises the funds and finds a lawyer stupid enough to appeal the decision.

2 Comments:
Congrats on surviving day 1 and good luck with court tomorrow!
I relived Zak's first day of Kindergarten through you this past week.
Here's hoping tomorrow goes smoothly.
Post a Comment
<< Home