Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I Need a Rabbit's Foot

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night, but only because I was hot. Once I moved myself to the sofa, I was out like a light. Ben came and fetched me sometime in the night, and I woke up this morning feeling rested and strangely relaxed.

My pantyhose did not run when I put them on.

The new hem I just sewed into my dress the other night did not come apart as I walked out the door.

In spite of His Majesty The Prez being in town for the VFW Convention, I managed to find a parking space in the garage across the street from the courthouse--on the 7th floor.

The courtroom is on the 7th floor of the courthouse.

See a pattern? These coincidences were not lost on superstitious me.

Bob's therapist set that final nail into place in db's coffin, and when she was finished, db took the stand--again--and hammered that sucker right in. The high point of his testimony was when he looked me in the eye from his post on the witness stand and mouthed the word "bitch." Unfortunately, no one else noticed. At any rate, he made a righteous ass of himself. If it looks crazy, and it sounds crazy, and it acts crazy...well, you get the idea.

The bad news is that the judge won't give us a ruling yet--we won't have one until within the next 30 days. However, in the interim, the judge gave db visitation as the ad litem set out in her parenting plan--Wednesday evenings 4-8 and alternate weekends, 6pm Friday to 6pm Sunday. db wanted to pick Bob up at school on his Fridays; the judge said no.

Everyone seems to think this is good news. I've been told it's not likely the judge is going to give temporary visitation as set out in the GAL's parenting plan and then not make that parenting plan his final ruling. I certainly hope they're right. I've been unpleasantly surprized before, and nothing shocks me anymore. But it would be very unusual in the opinions of all if the judge didn't award me sole legal custody at this point.

And, as if to solidify the "signs" sent to me this morning, I got in my car in the parking garage after trial, and Tesla's "Love Song" was playing. And right after that? "I Remember You" by Skid Row. No big deal, just the two greatest metal ballads of all time.

Hopefully, this means the rock gods are smiling on my sorry ass. Finally.

4 Comments:

Blogger Builder Mama said...

I'm so glad that things went well today. Kind of sucky on the 30-day thing, but I've heard the same thing about GAL recommendations being upheld through the whole thing.

LMAO over the rock gods smiling on you....

12:30 PM  
Blogger joansy said...

I'm so glad it went well!
Yea!!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Mayberrys said...

SOOOOOOO glad it went well!

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that things went well yesterday. I agree on the suckiness of having to wait 30 days, but that's par for the course. Glad you were able to see the karmic good in your path yesterday.

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home