Monday Mourning
I talked to our Magnificent Realtor yesterday. The Dream House not only has an offer pending, it has two other backup offers behind it. So in order for us to have a shot at the house, we'd have to make an offer and hope three others fell apart.
So it looks like we're stuck where we are for another year. I told Magnificent Realtor yesterday that we'll be calling her come January (our lease is up 3/31/08) to explore other options.
I'm sure it's all "for the best." It would have been a struggle financially for the first several months before Bob started public school. The extra stress of buying a house and moving probably would have sent me to Two Rivers. And I'm sure something awful would have happened within the first year of our ownership--like the roof collapsing or the basement flooding or something. A year from now we'll be in a much better position to move, and in a financial position that will enable us to go a little higher in price.
But it still sucks. And I'm still going to give the new owners dirty looks whenever they pass.
So it looks like we're stuck where we are for another year. I told Magnificent Realtor yesterday that we'll be calling her come January (our lease is up 3/31/08) to explore other options.
I'm sure it's all "for the best." It would have been a struggle financially for the first several months before Bob started public school. The extra stress of buying a house and moving probably would have sent me to Two Rivers. And I'm sure something awful would have happened within the first year of our ownership--like the roof collapsing or the basement flooding or something. A year from now we'll be in a much better position to move, and in a financial position that will enable us to go a little higher in price.
But it still sucks. And I'm still going to give the new owners dirty looks whenever they pass.

4 Comments:
Sure with it had gone differently! I still glare at the owners of the 'dream house' we didn't get. It was for the best, blah blah blah, but I still have an emotional attachment to that house.
That's too bad. Can I uncross my boobs now?
It happened this way for a reason. Something MUCH better is out there.
you never know, they might be putting it back up for sale in a year!!!
Christina
Sorry it didn't work out, I must say the buying and selling of houses last year and the stress that went with it nearly killed me!
I am sure when the time is the right the right house will be waiting for you!
Post a Comment
<< Home