TFGIF
(If you don't know what the extra "F" is for, you must be new to Mitzi Green Land.)
I made it through the day. Despite Bossman flailing about because he procrastinates too much, despite the dick of a client who took over the office with his melodramatic whining and crying about how much pain he's in, despite trying for an hour to make one doctor's bill add up correctly and then realizing the damn thing got half the first page cut off and the only person in that doctor's office who can access 6 year old records is out til Monday, despite sticking to my guns and not giving in to snack cravings all afternoon (NONE)--I made it.
I RAN (not walked) out of my office at 5:00 pm and drove up the street to the Japanese steakhouse Ben and I have started going to for sushi. It's kind of irritating to have to listen to all the hot-food people hoot and holler every time the chefs toss a shrimp into a fatass's mouth, but the sushi is good and it's relatively cheap (for sushi). So we indulged in a nice sushi dinner, then he went to work and I came home, changed, and headed for the gym. Came home, and here I sit on my couch listening to "big band & swing" courtesy of Time Warner Cable. I need a shower, but I'm enjoying sitting here too much to move just yet.
Aside from the sound of Bessie Smith, it's quiet. No one's trying to get my attention. No one's getting out of bed for the third time. I'm alone, and strangely enough, that's okay. I don't want to eat, I don't want to cry, I don't want to put a bag over my head and inhale deeply. I'm content.
I'm worried about Bob, but somehow, I have a feeling that kid's just smart enough to make it. I guess he's been giving db absolute hell since he picked him up yesterday afternoon. Yet he had a good day at school today, in spite of getting little sleep (from what I hear). Db insisted on sending me several dbmails today--the first accusing me of turning Bob against him and turning the school against him by telling them he's abusive (well, he is, but I didn't tell them that--I didn't tell them anything about him until they figured out on their own that he's a whackjob). The second was to get pissed about my response to the first ("not my problem") and tell me he's not going to ask for my advice anymore (bugger). The third was to complain that when he picked up Bob this afternoon, they sent Bob out the door to meet him and that's "unacceptable." Well, considering he's no longer allowed in the building because other parents have complained about him, I think he ought to just be grateful they allow him on the premises at all and shut the fuck up. But this is db we're talking about, so I'm sure he's going to do something retarded like start bringing the cops with him to pick Bob up. Whatever. A douchebag is a douchebag is a douchebag.
I just hope Bob doesn't have to suffer too much for it all. Db loves to make the rest of the world responsible for his troubles, and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Bob becomes an asshole just like the rest of us--out to get him--and he starts treating him accordingly. Hopefully by that point, I'll have gotten his visitation severely limited enough that it won't be much of an issue. Hopefully.
Okay--the spouse is coming home. Time to go shower. Wouldn't want him coming home and finding me icky.
I made it through the day. Despite Bossman flailing about because he procrastinates too much, despite the dick of a client who took over the office with his melodramatic whining and crying about how much pain he's in, despite trying for an hour to make one doctor's bill add up correctly and then realizing the damn thing got half the first page cut off and the only person in that doctor's office who can access 6 year old records is out til Monday, despite sticking to my guns and not giving in to snack cravings all afternoon (NONE)--I made it.
I RAN (not walked) out of my office at 5:00 pm and drove up the street to the Japanese steakhouse Ben and I have started going to for sushi. It's kind of irritating to have to listen to all the hot-food people hoot and holler every time the chefs toss a shrimp into a fatass's mouth, but the sushi is good and it's relatively cheap (for sushi). So we indulged in a nice sushi dinner, then he went to work and I came home, changed, and headed for the gym. Came home, and here I sit on my couch listening to "big band & swing" courtesy of Time Warner Cable. I need a shower, but I'm enjoying sitting here too much to move just yet.
Aside from the sound of Bessie Smith, it's quiet. No one's trying to get my attention. No one's getting out of bed for the third time. I'm alone, and strangely enough, that's okay. I don't want to eat, I don't want to cry, I don't want to put a bag over my head and inhale deeply. I'm content.
I'm worried about Bob, but somehow, I have a feeling that kid's just smart enough to make it. I guess he's been giving db absolute hell since he picked him up yesterday afternoon. Yet he had a good day at school today, in spite of getting little sleep (from what I hear). Db insisted on sending me several dbmails today--the first accusing me of turning Bob against him and turning the school against him by telling them he's abusive (well, he is, but I didn't tell them that--I didn't tell them anything about him until they figured out on their own that he's a whackjob). The second was to get pissed about my response to the first ("not my problem") and tell me he's not going to ask for my advice anymore (bugger). The third was to complain that when he picked up Bob this afternoon, they sent Bob out the door to meet him and that's "unacceptable." Well, considering he's no longer allowed in the building because other parents have complained about him, I think he ought to just be grateful they allow him on the premises at all and shut the fuck up. But this is db we're talking about, so I'm sure he's going to do something retarded like start bringing the cops with him to pick Bob up. Whatever. A douchebag is a douchebag is a douchebag.
I just hope Bob doesn't have to suffer too much for it all. Db loves to make the rest of the world responsible for his troubles, and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Bob becomes an asshole just like the rest of us--out to get him--and he starts treating him accordingly. Hopefully by that point, I'll have gotten his visitation severely limited enough that it won't be much of an issue. Hopefully.
Okay--the spouse is coming home. Time to go shower. Wouldn't want him coming home and finding me icky.

1 Comments:
Glad you made it through your work week. Fridays are great!
db is Bob's main problem. I think that if db were to be eliminated, Bob wouldn't have as many problems at school or anywhere else.
Post a Comment
<< Home