Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Get Down. Get Back Up Again.

I took Bob for his follow-up with the shrink's office this morning. The appointment was for 9:30 am. We weren't seen until 9:55. Around 9:45, I was about to leave, but Bob insisted on staying, and I didn't want him to toss a huge fit, so I waited it out.

The thing I hate most about this office is their insistance on talking about the kid while the kid in question is RIGHT THERE. Bob is very, very sensitive. He also hates being labeled in any way or talked about. So when she said "he's still little," Bob went apeshit. "I am NOT little!" Then he started squirming around. She yelled at him (which I thought was inappropriate, but he was being a shit) and he started to sob. Then he stopped crying and started crawling around under the chairs. I picked him up and restrained him on my lap. He head-butted me and tried to pinch me. He calmed down after about 5 minutes. 5 minutes after that, it was like nothing had happened.

I took him to school and had a long (and tearful) conversation with his teacher. He was fine when I left him. It was 10:45.

At 11:15, I had to go get him because he was throwing chairs and tables and saying "I'm going to break everything in here." And laughing about it.

I feel lost. Worse yet, I feel like he's lost, too, and I can't help him. I don't know how. No one does.

He did talk to db Sunday while I was out. I don't know, but I think db said something to him, because he's been a mess ever since.

And today I get a copy of db's counter-motion to modify. He's suggesting I get Bob every Wednesday from 6pm to 8pm and every other weekend from Friday 6pm to Sunday 6pm. In the same roll of toilet paper, he states he feels he is more likely than I am to allow "continuous, frequent, meaningful contact with the other parent."

Oxymoron from a moron.

The shrink's office prescribed Adderal in addition to the Zoloft and Tenex. My fucking 5 year old is taking more medications than my 92-year-old grandfather. And none of it is really doing any good.

I'm still not convinced he's not bipolar. I see a lot of similarities between him and db, and it scares the fuck out of me.

My head is spinning, and I don't know which direction to stop in.

3 Comments:

Blogger Girlplustwo said...

hey there,
I wanted to read your blog after reading your comment on TWC - because I've had a such similar experience as a new parent and wanted to read more of what you had to say. glad I found you.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Mitzi Green said...

you've had a similar experience?

man, i feel for you.

enjoy--psychotropic meds and petty arguments and dangerous ex'es, oh my! :P

4:00 PM  
Blogger Builder Mama said...

I just don't even know what to say - I feel so horrible for you and him. I wish I could fix it for you.

Hang in there. You're one tough lady, I know you can do it if anyone can!

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home