Wednesday, July 13, 2005

More Midol, Please.

I finally got my period yesterday. Right in the middle of sex. Go figure. Ben was so happy, you'd have thought he'd struck oil or something. I was happy, too--until the cramps set in. Now I'm in serious pain and hate the whole fucking world.

Of course, my idiot ex picks this particular day to start bugging the shit out of me again. I got two emails from him this morning--the first accusing me of changing our custody schedule specifically because I wanted to play softball (apparently because I mentioned I might be playing Monday night), in spite of the fact I've told him several times I was changing the schedule to give our son more consecutive time in one home or the other. The second email was some whiny bullshit about how he's made a "desision" regarding his "future" and wanted my input, but he wants to discuss it with me "face to face." Um...no. I don't have time to sit and listen to your latest life plan. Further, I could give a shit less what you've "desided" to do with your stupid life. I did at least email him back and told him if he wants to tell me something, he should spit it out, but that I have no time for any tete-a-tete. He got pissed and said if I was "going to be like that" then nevermind because "you obviously don't care." Damn skippy, I don't care. We're not buddies and I'm not your fucking therapist, so bounce your ideas off someone who gives a shit.

Wow--such venom I'm spouting today. I hate PMS.

I'm also very nervous about this whole birth control thing. Yeah, yeah, I know, women have been on the pill and various other forms of hormonal birth control for 40 years or more, so what? I just know my history. It's taken me a very long time to reach a point where I'm not only happy, but comfortable in my own skin. I don't want to go back to where I was three years ago. It wasn't a pretty place.

That, and I not only hate doctors, but I hate nurses even more. I haven't had an OB visit since after my son was born, and the only reason I kept that appointment was so I could get birth control.

I'm also concerned something will go wrong and I won't be able to get what I want tomorrow. Planned Parenthood apparently has a "walk-in" clinic from 11-2 on Thursdays, so I'm hoping I can go in and get the damn Depo shot with as little hassle as possible.

Of course Ben is all happy about this new development and has even offered to pay half the cost of whatever I end up with. Nevermind I may end up clinically depressed, or in the cardiac unit, or with osteoporosis by the time I'm 40--at least I'll be able to put out whenever the mood strikes.

Wow--I really need to lock myself in a closet for the next 24-36 hours.

Fucking hormones.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mitzi Green said...

yeah--i think you're right.
good to see you're still out there. i've been thinking about you, girlie. hope all is well in your world. :)

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home